He said, in the last 22 years, BJP governments brought all round development in Gujarat and the identity of the state is known for its development.
"I as the chief minister of Gujarat had offered to take responsibility of reconstructing areas surrounding Kedarnath temple in the aftermath of 2013 tragedy".More news: 14000 lone children among Rohingya refugees: Bangladesh
Narendra Modi has visited Kedarnath shrine a few times even as the prime minister.
Though Ghani and Tillerson will be in New Delhi at the same time, diplomatic sources did not confirm if they would meet to discuss the new USA policy of Afghanistan which President Trump announced in August.
The Congress leader listed several infrastructure projects like roads, pilgrim shelters, rest houses, houses and river banks approved by the Congress government around the temple which was ravaged by floods in 2013. In my excitement I shared the development with the media and within an hour TV channels flashed it, causing a storm in New Delhi.More news: Dow Jones sails past 23000 milestone, hitting record highs
"True, Modi ji came to my residence in Dehradun in 2013, and gave me a cheque of Rs 5 crore for relief work, on behalf of the Gujarat government. There is now a BJP government in Uttarakhand", Modi said in his 40-minute speech at Kedarnath, saying money will not be a constraint in redeveloping the site, including widening the pedestrian route to the shrine and developing new ghats. During the visit, PM Modi laid foundation stone for Kedarpuri Reconstruction Project, the construction of a museum, and the distribution of electricity to over 4 crore families and reconstructing Adi Guru Shankaracharya's tomb.
Earlier in the day, former chief minister Harish Rawat also castigated Prime Minister Modi and said, "The Centre does not interfere in such works". People close to PM Narendra Modi say that he has a special connection with Kedarnath.
Recalling the Congress-led UPA government's move to block his efforts in 2013, the PM said the then Congress Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Vijay Bahuguna had agreed but was forced to retreat after the objections of the Congress high command.More news: Richard Spencer wanted a platform. He's faced protesters instead
- Xbox One Fall 2017 Update launching for everyone
- Minnesota Granted Real ID Extension
- Lighthizer Slams Canada and Mexico for Refusing to Accept NAFTA Reforms
- Destiny 2 Leviathan raid getting optional challenges
- Roger Goodell: "We believe everyone should stand for the national anthem"
- Nintendo Takes a Third of All September Hardware Sales
- Seven policemen killed in Pakistan blast
- The Chicago Bulls' Practice Didn't Go As Planned
- President Trump's Fortune Falling Faster Than His Polling Numbers
- Ford recalls 1.3M F-Series pickups, including 2017 Super Duty