Preliminary labor statistics released Friday show that the Norfolk area, made up of Madison, Pierce and Stanton Counties, saw its unemployment rate drop to 2.2%, the lowest mark the Norfolk area has hit since it fell to 2.1% back in November of 2014.
The area and state unemployment rates are not seasonally adjusted because the labor department provides only that figure for metropolitan statistical areas in Kansas.
"With Wisconsin reaching all-time highs in total labor force and number of private sector jobs in September, we are more than ready to meet the workforce needs of current and future employers", said Ray Allen, DWD secretary.More news: 75% decrease in flying insects over 27 years
The biggest gains were made in Trade, Transportation and Utilities, and Leisure and Hospitality. The mining and logging sector, which houses the oil and gas industry, added 100 jobs, marking a 1,500 over-the-year change in Weld. Chase County has the lowest areawide unemployment rate at 2.2 percent while Coffey County has the highest at 5.2 percent.
The Norfolk area unemployment rate is dropping, but it's not because more people are getting hired.
Most of the jobs added last month were in government.More news: Selena fans say Google's tribute will help inspire a new generation
(Indianapolis, Ind.) - Indiana's unemployment rate increased to 3.8 percent in September.
ME labor officials say the current 24-month stretch in which unemployment has been 4 percent or less is the second-longest such period in more than four decades.More news: Trump Offered Family Of Killed Soldier $25000 And Didn't Follow Through
- South Korea developing missiles to destroy North Korea nuclear facilities
- General Motors to pay ME $1.1 million in lawsuit settlement
- Richard Spencer wanted a platform. He's faced protesters instead
- Trump Erroneously Credits Rise In UK Crime To 'Islamic Terror'
- FBI To Probe Guptas' US Links
- Dow Jones sails past 23000 milestone, hitting record highs
- India ranked No. 1 in pollution related deaths
- No czar for you: Trump's drug control pick abdicates after opioid scandal
- Premier League In Focus - Chelsea vs Watford Preview
- A subsidiary Volvo introduced its first vehicle