Following the October debut of the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, early reviews for the Pixel 2 XL began to call out issues with the display. The problem is caused by the screen displaying a single image for a long period of time. On the bottom section of the smartphone screen in the image, you can clearly see burned-in remains of the navigation bar in the grey section.
"The Pixel 2 XL screen has been designed with an advanced POLED technology, including QHD+ resolution, wide color gamut, and high contrast ratio for natural and handsome colors and renderings", Google said in a statement.More news: 'Linking Aadhaar with bank accounts mandatory': RBI's diktat has Twitter divided
"We take all reports of issues very seriously, and our engineers investigate quickly", Mario Queiroz, Google's vice president for Pixel product management, said in an emailed statement to Reuters. The Super AMOLED displays used in its Galaxy S8 and Note 8 phones are rated as the brightest screens for mobile devices by DisplayMate's Dr. Raymond Soneira, but they're still susceptible to burn-in.
While the phones do boast a plethora of cool features including a HDR+ processing chip, some users of the Pixel 2 XL are reporting instances of screen burn-in on the larger of the two models.More news: Thousands walk in pink in Harrisburg to support breast cancer awareness
Days prior to launching in India, reports have been surfacing about major display problems with Google Pixel 2 XL review devices. New complaints are surfacing about the Pixel 2 XL display and these may be even worse than poor color reproduction: screen burn-in.
Android Central has discovered that the handset could be suffering from burn-in. However, Google has ensured they are going to fix the problem as soon as possible.More news: Earl Watson Fired as Phoenix Suns Head Coach
On Friday, the company vowed to reimburse an undisclosed number of people who were charged $30 extra for the Pixel 2 by a Verizon Wireless reseller operating at Google pop-up stores in the United States. Have you been told to wait for your Pixel 2 device? Add in the fact that the best Pixel 2 XL deals require you to trade in your old phone, and you may be left buying a new phone immediately instead of picking the Pixel 2 XL alternative you want.
- South Africa vs Bangladesh, 3rd ODI at East London
- Donald Trump Authorises Release Of JFK Assassination Files Despite Concerns From Officials
- Ezekiel Elliott cleared for Week 8 after court ruling
- Rahul Gandhi popularity on Twitter faked? Here's the Russian bot angle
- These Xbox 360 games coming for One X launch
- Possible serial killer "terrorizing" neighborhood in Tampa, Florida
- Stranger Things' Finn Wolfhard fires agent over sexual abuse allegations
- José Mourinho: 12 matches, 10 wins, 9 clean sheets: we're not bad
- Texas Town to Get Harvey Aid Only if Residents Won't Boycott Israel
- ISIS Claims Responsibility for Kabul Mosque Attack