Today Nordea brings Apple Pay to customers in Denmark, Finland and Sweden.
Meanwhile, the UAE becomes the first Middle Eastern nation to support Apple Pay. Bailey also announced a partnership with Ticketmaster to bring contactless tickets to all of its locations and the roll out of Apple Pay to all Albertsons Companies' 2,300 retail locations in the USA, including popular grocery store chain Safeway.
More banks are expected to join and, considering that Apple Pay supports American Express in other regions, it's probably a matter of time before that is also supported in the UAE. When you use a credit or debit card with Apple Pay, the actual card numbers are not stored on the device, nor on Apple servers.More news: Towie's Gemma Collins considers suing after on-stage tumble
An official list of all participating banks is available on Apple Pay's website in each respective country.
"Having cutting edge mobile payment platforms such as Android Pay and Apple Pay provides our customers a seamless and more efficient payment option whenever they make a purchase on our mobile app".
Apple Pay is now at more than 50 percent of all retail locations in the USA, including 67 of the top 100 United States retailers.More news: These Xbox 360 games coming for One X launch
The paper interviewed Sami Karhunen, a business manager at software firm Solinor, who said that when a big bank adopts a payment service like Apple Pay, competing banks will likely follow.
According to Apple tech publication 9to5Mac, the company will shortly roll out a new service called Apple Pay Cash.More news: Vegetables sold at Albertsons, Walmart, Trader Joe's part of massive recall
- New Google Pixel 2 XL Has A Major OLED Screen Problem
- Women Have Accused Hollywood Director James Toback Of Sexual Assault
- PM to inaugurate projects in Ghogha, Dahej and Vadodara
- Arsene Wenger reveals possible squad changes for Arsenal's trip to Goodison Park
- Noted Malayalam Film-Maker IV Sasi Dead
- ISIS Claims Responsibility for Kabul Mosque Attack
- Possible serial killer "terrorizing" neighborhood in Tampa, Florida
- No deal yet for Myanmar to take back Rohingya refugees
- Ezekiel Elliott cleared for Week 8 after court ruling
- Slain soldier's widow explains why Trump's call made her angry and sad