However, he ended up not attending that meeting, for reasons that remain unknown. Trump's Vice President Mike Pence left an Indianapolis Colts game after players from the opposing team, the 49ers, kneeled during the national anthem.
How many National Football League players were involved in the protests before Trump tweeted about the issue? If people stop coming to the Club Room because there's no pro game to watch, it could cost the VFW Post $300 to $400 per week, Schmidt said.More news: James Comey confirms Twitter account that was anonymous
"That was one of the things, they thought they were going to put a mandate in that you have to stand up and that you weren't allowed to kneel", he said. The invitation will be extended by the players, not the league, Lockhart said on the league's weekly conference call. "And I think that would have gone against exactly what they said they were going to do". "If they want to do like they do in St. Louis and hit the streets, that's great, we're all behind that, if they feel there's an injustice there".
Kaepernick had reportedly been invited by the Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins, to attend the last meeting between the players and the owners. This NFL season, other players and teams have continued to protest, which has been a major source of controversy for the league. Goodell said those plans would be presented to owners at the meeting.More news: General Motors Posts 32% Drop in Earnings for Third Quarter
Since his initial kneeling stance previous year, several more NFL players have knelt or raised a fist during the national anthem in protest against the same issues Kaepernick was trying to bring attention to. Several other National Football League players, as well as numerous other athletes across America, ultimately joined him.
Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.More news: New Google Pixel 2 XL Has A Major OLED Screen Problem
- Hazard poses with Bakayoko after Chelsea's 2-1 win over Everton
- BJP to observe first anniversary of DeMo as 'anti-black money day'
- Record Support for Legalizing Marijuana in the United States
- Md. coach abused 5 more victims after police investigation began
- High gas prices may crimp holiday spending, AAA finds
- Ezekiel Elliott cleared for Week 8 after court ruling
- Microsoft has stopped production of Kinect
- No deal yet for Myanmar to take back Rohingya refugees
- Will Smith Fights the Supernatural in 'Bright' Trailer
- Noted Malayalam Film-Maker IV Sasi Dead