On Monday, manager Dave Roberts said it was likely Seager would be added to the roster.More news: The Kardashians re-signed a deal with E! for $150 million
"He's preparing, it's just not working out", Roberts said last week of Granderson's World Series chances, according to the Los Angeles Times. But Granderson was even worse in the postseason, with one hit and eight strikeouts in 15 at-bats, and with Seager healthy, Taylor takes center back over, leaving Granderson without a place.
In 2015 with NY, he was one of the only consistent hitters on a Mets team whose bats fell flat against the Royals, hitting three home runs with five RBI in the five-game series defeat.
This would have marked Granderson's third appearance in the Fall Classic. One of the game's truly likable players, it's a shame that this may be how it ends for Granderson, but maybe his Dodgers teammates can pick him up and send him out as a champion. McCarthy has appeared in just three games, totaling six innings, since July 20 because of a right knee injury and a blister on his pitching hand. He may start there when the series shifts to Houston, where Seager can be the designated hitter.More news: U-17 WC: Ramos will watch Spain play in final
The last time the two squared off was on August 20 when Granderson, in his second game as a Dodger, homered off Verlander to break up a potential no-hitter.
McCarthy was 6-4 with a 3.98 ERA in 19 games (16 starts) during the regular season. His last game was October 1. He was not on L.A. roster in either of the first two rounds of the playoffs.More news: Colin Kaepernick reportedly agrees to $1M book deal
- Cam Newton abruptly walks out of press conference
- Vegas shooter's brother arrested on child porn charges
- No deal yet for Myanmar to take back Rohingya refugees
- E-cigarettes banned in NY everywhere tobacco is
- Towie's Gemma Collins considers suing after on-stage tumble
- District Attorney Thomas Spota to resign after indictment
- Noted Malayalam Film-Maker IV Sasi Dead
- Kid Rock to perform in Cleveland next year
- Metal Gear Survive comes out in February
- Microsoft passes $80 per share in after-hours trading after blow-out quarter