Not only Sri Lanka will be led by a new Captain, replacing Upul Tharanga who refused to visit Pakistan for final T20 at Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore on October 29 but also 11 players of 16-member Sri Lankan squad have yet to begin their T20 global career.
The team and their officials were taken to a five-star hotel in a bomb-proof bus with hundreds of security guards on the roads and at the resort. It was the first small step toward winning back the confidence of foreign teams and reviving worldwide cricket at home after an attack on the Sri Lanka team bus in 2009 during a test match at the same stadium in Lahore.More news: Dont'a Hightower Reportedly Out for Season Due to Torn Pectoral Muscle Injury
Sri Lanka - the first major team to visit the country since the incident - will play a Twenty20 match on Sunday evening before flying back to Colombo via Dubai.
Faheem Ashraf became the first Pakistan bowler to take a hat-trick in T20 Internationals when he achieved the feat against Sri Lanka in the second T20I in Abu Dhabi on Friday. Now if we analyze the last 21 matches that Pakistan has played, the team has won 17 and lost only 4. The Sri Lankan duo of Thisara Perera and Lasith Malinga also claimed hat-tricks in 2016 and 2017 against India and Pakistan. The ongoing three-match series is scheduled to conclude on October 29 as the island nation has agreed to tour Pakistan for the one-off game.More news: Anthony Martial Once Again Comes Up Big Off The Bench
Heavy security with air survelliance will be in place during the match with fans having to go through various check points and body searches. It also marked 10th victory in 12 T20Is for Sarfraz Ahmed as captain, bringing his win percentage to 83.33%.
Sri Lanka eventually restricted to 124/9 in 20 overs.More news: Kashmir observes shutdown on Oct 27; restrictions in Srinagar parts
- Russian helicopter with eight on board crashes off Arctic archipelago
- Astros Manager AJ Hinch on Hotel Bar Altercation Reports: 'Fabrications Really Suck'
- Winx claims her piece of Cox Plate history
- U-17 WC: Ramos will watch Spain play in final
- US Congress passes budget, paving way for tax debate
- US Oil and Gas Rig Count Falls As Brent Breaks $60
- Daredevil Season 3 Will Feature the Return of Kingpin
- The Cost Of Visiting Joshua Tree National Park Could Nearly Triple
- Jeff Bezos' $13b day makes him world's richest man, overtaking Bill Gates
- Cam Newton abruptly walks out of press conference