According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Bezos ended the day $5.1 billion richer than Gates.
After a busy morning on the stock market, Bezos is once again the richest man in the world. Just yesterday, he was the richest of the world's rich men.More news: Dont'a Hightower Reportedly Out for Season Due to Torn Pectoral Muscle Injury
Bezos became the richest person in the world for the first time in July as Amazon stock hit an all-time high on July 27, ahead of Amazon's second quarter earnings announcement. On the other hand, Jeff Bezos' company wants to give delivery people keys to your home.
Bezos is the founder and largest stakeholder in Amazon, and his total net worth is greater than $83 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.More news: Eric Bolling's son, CU student, died of accidental overdose: Coroner
According to both Forbes and Bloomberg, Amazon stock opened up more than 8% higher Friday morning than Thursday's close, adding almost $7 billion to Bezos' net worth.
Gates, 61, with a fortune of $88.7 billion as of Friday, had previously held the top spot since 2013 - except for a few hours. He would be worth about US$150 billion if he hadn't made the donations. However, Bill Gates remained at the top position thanks to a 7 per cent spike in Microsoft's stock overnight.More news: U-17 WC: Ramos will watch Spain play in final
Gates has given away nearly 700 million Microsoft shares and US$2.9 billion of cash and other assets since 1996, according to an analysis of his publicly disclosed giving.
- Russian helicopter with eight on board crashes off Arctic archipelago
- New Leak Hints At Nov. 16 India Launch For The OnePlus 5T
- District Attorney Thomas Spota to resign after indictment
- Kashmir observes shutdown on Oct 27; restrictions in Srinagar parts
- The Cost Of Visiting Joshua Tree National Park Could Nearly Triple
- Man trapped in gas station cooler stays overnight, drinks beer
- Anthony Martial Once Again Comes Up Big Off The Bench
- Winx claims her piece of Cox Plate history
- Pregnant Khloe Kardashian Show 1st Time Baby Bump in NYC
- US Oil and Gas Rig Count Falls As Brent Breaks $60