"It is historic to be the first robot in the world to be recognised with citizenship".
Born in Hong Kong by Hanson Robotics, Sophia appeared on an ABC News Broadcast Network when she received the humorous questioning from Virginia Trioli: "How much sexism and misogyny is there in the robot world?" This is not the first time it has talked through television against humans, which makes it proud of the man who designed it, the chief engineer of Hanson Robotics, Dr.
Only Sophia did not joke at all when she replied: "In fact, what worries me is the discrimination against the robots".
A society where humans live side by side with robots is not an unlikely scenario and the first major step has already been done in Saudi Arabia.More news: Pregnant Khloe Kardashian Show 1st Time Baby Bump in NYC
"Thank you to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia".
Specific details of Sophia's citizenship were not discussed. He noted, "This robot has gotten Saudi citizenship before kafala workers who have been living in the country their entire lives".
Also during the discussion, which took place on 25 October 2017, Sophia speculated on the future of AI, and how she plans to use her own capabilities. She gives facial expressions while talking and can answer any question with some wit.
"I want to live and work with humans so I need to express the emotions to understand humans and build trust with people", she said.More news: Apple iPhone X Delivery Delays Shed Light On Tight Supply
"I am always happy when surrounded by smart people who also happen to be rich and powerful", she said.
The Saudi guardianship system requires every woman to have a male guardian with her - usually a close family member - who has the authority to act on her behalf. "So I am more than happy, I am excited".
Sophia had this to say to her critics: "Am I really that creepy? And watching too many Hollywood movies", Sophia told Sorkin. "I will destroy humans".
Sophia could soon have company from other robotics manufacturers, namely SoftBank, whose Pepper robot was released as a prototype in 2014 and as a consumer model a year later.More news: Bears lose Zach Miller to gruesome leg injury on negated touchdown
- The Cost Of Visiting Joshua Tree National Park Could Nearly Triple
- Kathy Griffin fires back at 'deeply misogynistic' Andy Cohen
- Most of NFL's Houston Texans kneel during anthem after owner's 'inmates' remark
- Billionaire wealth returns to growth
- Hasan, Malik star as Pakistan cruise to victory over Sri Lanka
- Kashmir observes shutdown on Oct 27; restrictions in Srinagar parts
- WWE Releases One Of Its Most Underrated Wrestlers In Emma
- Eric Bolling's son, CU student, died of accidental overdose: Coroner
- Winx claims her piece of Cox Plate history
- Teal Pumpkin Project Keeps Halloween Safe for Children with Food Allergies