In the wake of Anthony Rapp's allegation that Kevin Spacey once tried to seduce him when he was an aspiring 14-year old actor in NY, it's since been revealed that the upcoming 6th season of Netflix's hit political drama House of Cards will be the last.
House of Cards, an adaptation of a classic British series, launched Netflix's slate of original streaming content when it debuted in 2013.More news: Claude Puel Unable To Decipher Carragher's Scouse Accent On Sky Sports
Former "House of Cards" showrunner Beau Willimon says he never saw inappropriate behavior by Spacey but called Rapp's allegation "deeply troubling".
Official word on its conclusion, which has been in the works since the summer, comes at a problematic time for Spacey.
"I honestly do not remember the encounter, it would have been over 30 years ago", said his Twitter statement.
"Gore", a planned Gore Vidal biopic starring Spacey and set to air on Netflix may be on the chopping block now too, according to Deadline.More news: Kathy Griffin fires back at 'deeply misogynistic' Andy Cohen
The "Star Trek: Discovery" actor alleged that he was attending an after-party at Spacey's apartment when the actor picked him up "like a groom picks up the bride" and lay down on top of him.
Spacey's response has been criticised by GLAAD (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation), who accuse the star of coming out to "deflect" attention away from the allegations.
The claims come after the allegations about Harvey Weinstein prompted many people to speak out about their experiences of sexual harassment and abuse.More news: Iraqi Kurdish leader to devolve powers after thorny vote
Rapp, who went on to star in the hit Broadway musical "Rent", was starting his career on Broadway at the time of the alleged incident, appearing in a production of "Precious Sons" with Ed Harris and Judith Ivey. That said, I take reports of such behavior seriously, and this is no exception. "But I was aware that he was trying to get with me sexually".
- Amazon's stock is skyrocketing after a blockbuster post-Whole Foods earnings
- Billionaire wealth returns to growth
- Woods golf comeback confirmed for Bahamas
- Winx claims her piece of Cox Plate history
- These Spooky Space Sounds Compiled by NASA Will Make Your Skin Crawl
- New 'Spider-Man' PlayStation 4 Trailer Digs into the Game's Story
- I-66 driver killed when pedestrian jumped from overpass
- Charges filed in Mueller investigation into Russian meddling
- Jeff Bezos' $13b day makes him world's richest man, overtaking Bill Gates
- Most of NFL's Houston Texans kneel during anthem after owner's 'inmates' remark