Friday, 24 November 2017
Latest news
Main » All Indians safe: Sushma Swaraj tweets after Kabul attack

All Indians safe: Sushma Swaraj tweets after Kabul attack

01 November 2017

The attack on Tuesday took place at the 14th street of Wazir Akbar Khan area, close to the defence ministry, police said.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack, which the health ministry said had killed at least three people and wounded 15.

A suicide bomber in the Afghan capital Kabul killed as many as eight people and wounded many others, most of whom appeared to be workers leaving their offices at the start of the evening rush hour, witnesses and officials said on Tuesday. In a tweet, Swaraj said she had a talk with India's Ambassador to Afghanistan Manpreet Vohra after the attack and no Indian nationals were injured.

More news: Modi leads tributes to Sardar Patel on birth anniversary

It was the deadliest suicide attack by insurgents in Afghanistan since the Taliban were driven from power by US-led forces in 2001.

In a statement, Defense Ministry spokesman Maj.

Police confirm the blast near many foreign embassies and government departments in the Wazir Akbar Khan area.

More news: Iraqi Kurdish leader to devolve powers after thorny vote

"I was 100m away when the explosion happened and as I ran towards the site I saw several people lying in blood - one had been hit in the head and was moving".

Ambulances were seen rushing the injured to nearby hospitals. The suicide attack took place near a gate of the academy, near Qambar square.

More news: Álvaro Morata denies he is unsettled as Chelsea prepare to face Roma

All Indians safe: Sushma Swaraj tweets after Kabul attack