PK Dhumal is just 2 years short of the party's unofficial age bar, 75.
The Congress government in Himachal Pradesh is neither competent nor capable of ensuring development and the party should be wiped out from the state, BJP president Amit Shah said addressing a series of election rallies.
The name of Prof.
Amit Shah went on slam the Virbhadra Singh government in Himachal Pradesh and said corruption has become synonymous with the Congress.More news: These Spooky Space Sounds Compiled by NASA Will Make Your Skin Crawl
A former CM and a Thakur, Prof.
Former chief minister Dhumal will contest election from Sujanpur, according to reports. Thakurs, who constitute about 35 per cent of the population, are the largest caste group in Himachal, followed by Dalits (25 per cent), Brahmins (15 per cent) and OBCs (12 per cent).
Himachal Pradesh with 68 Assembly seats will be polling on November 9.
"Vibhadra ji, the BJP is going to fight under Dhumalji's leadership in Himachal". He will once again make a wonderful CM. But with this announcement, the battle in Himachal Pradesh has become a direct fight between two of the tallest leaders on either side of the political spectrum.More news: Danish inventor Peter Madsen admits to dismembering Swedish journalist Kim Wall
Even before the list of candidates was made public, Dhumal, on his part, was assertive by projecting himself as the rightful contender to the post more than Nadda, who appeared to have the blessings of the BJP leadership.
Another BJP functionary said the extra time which the Bihar unit has got would be used to strengthen the party's organisational set-up at the ground level, which has been the main emphasis of the party's central leadership.
Most of the candidates fielded by the BJP are considered to be close to Prof.
Amit Shah is campaigning in the state for five days and address rallies at Toki in Indora and Rajgarh in Pachhad on 31 October and in Seraj and Hamirpur on 1 November.More news: Ghost Of Tsushima Sees Feudal Japan Versus The Mongol Empire
- Most of NFL's Houston Texans kneel during anthem after owner's 'inmates' remark
- Amazon's stock is skyrocketing after a blockbuster post-Whole Foods earnings
- Álvaro Morata denies he is unsettled as Chelsea prepare to face Roma
- Hospital safety scores released
- Patriots hold on to beat Chargers, 21-13
- Charges filed in Mueller investigation into Russian meddling
- Hasan, Malik star as Pakistan cruise to victory over Sri Lanka
- Kathy Griffin fires back at 'deeply misogynistic' Andy Cohen
- Claude Puel Unable To Decipher Carragher's Scouse Accent On Sky Sports
- Heyman | Dave Martinez is choice for Nationals manager