The #Philadelphia Eagles decided they couldn't sit back and watch all of the trade deadline fun happen without them, so they made a decision to swing a deal with their frequent trade partner, the Miami Dolphins, for running back #Jay Ajayi. A third-year pro, Ajayi has played in 31 career games with 19 starts and totaled 447 carries for 1,924 yards (4.3 avg.) and nine rushing touchdowns. This is no ordinary season for the Eagles, and the trade for Jay Ajayi proved it.More news: All Indians safe: Sushma Swaraj tweets after Kabul attack
We're guessing the timing wasn't a coincidence. The Eagles will likely lean on the duo of Ajayi and LeGarrette Blount, which on the surface seems to give them a nice one-two punch with players that have complementary games. The trade for Ajayi could prove crucial for the rest of this season, and by only trading a fourth-round pick, the team isn't mortgaging their future in an attempt to make a Super Bowl run. "That's on the running back".More news: Heyman | Dave Martinez is choice for Nationals manager
The former fifth-round pick out of Boise State burst on to the scene last season.More news: Danish inventor Peter Madsen admits to dismembering Swedish journalist Kim Wall
Last season, Ajayi rushed for more than 1,200 yards and scored eight touchdowns. Wentz himself is a running threat, and there are also talented and underrated backs in Wendell Smallwood and Corey Clement. Just $760,000, meaning the addition of Ajayi will have essentially no impact on their ability to re-sign their own players this offseason.
- WWE Releases One Of Its Most Underrated Wrestlers In Emma
- High wind warning for NYC through Monday morning
- Man Arrested After Nine "Dismembered Bodies" Found in his Tokyo Apartment
- Charges filed in Mueller investigation into Russian meddling
- These Spooky Space Sounds Compiled by NASA Will Make Your Skin Crawl
- Woods golf comeback confirmed for Bahamas
- Dhumal to be BJP's CM candidate in Himachal
- New 'Spider-Man' PlayStation 4 Trailer Digs into the Game's Story
- New SGF, Boss Mustapha is Babachir Lawal's cousin, says Junaid Mohammed
- Duterte would welcome Trump 'in the most righteous way'