Despite smashing seven past the Slovenians two weeks ago, Jurgen Klopp's side found it hard to break down their opponents this time around.
It mirrored Liverpool's 3-0 win over Huddersfield in the Premier League on Saturday, with all of the goals coming in the second half then, too, after a lackluster first half.More news: Shilpa Shinde and Vikas Gupta get into an intense fight again
The Reds forked out £40million for the England global, but Oxlade-Chamberlain is still waiting for his first Premier League start.
"The box was full of Maribor players, we didn't come through in the right way, we didn't take shots when we should take them".
The Anfield side had thrashed Maribor 7-0 last time out in Europe but failed to find the back of the net from 13 first-half shots.More news: Court partly blocks Trump ban on transgender troops in U.S. military
Salah should have buried a header from a fine Alberto Moreno cross after 55 minutes as Liverpool threatened to run riot, before Billing headed a corner wide from a rare Maribor attack.
Milner squandered an opportunity to double Liverpool's lead moments later when his penalty was touched onto the post by Handanovic after Firmino was unceremonially hauled back by Rajcevic.More news: Woods golf comeback confirmed for Bahamas
- Here Are the Russia Facebook Ads That Tried to Dupe You
- I-66 driver killed when pedestrian jumped from overpass
- This guy who is named George Papadopoulos is having a hectic day
- Buy Tesla Inc (TSLA) Regardless Of Earnings Results
- Modi leads tributes to Sardar Patel on birth anniversary
- New SGF, Boss Mustapha is Babachir Lawal's cousin, says Junaid Mohammed
- Multiple people dead following collision, explosion on Highway 400
- All Indians safe: Sushma Swaraj tweets after Kabul attack
- Dhumal to be BJP's CM candidate in Himachal
- These Spooky Space Sounds Compiled by NASA Will Make Your Skin Crawl