These fire extinguishers were also sold with commercial trucks, recreational vehicles, personal watercraft and boats. These have plastic handles or were the push-button Pindicator models. While the recall goes back 44 years, no one should keep a fire extinguisher that long.
In addition to the extinguishers not working, the nozzle can come off with enough force to kill you.
Check your pantry, under the sink, in the garage, or anywhere you have stored a fire extinguisher after one company has recalled more than 37 million devices.More news: Man Arrested After Nine "Dismembered Bodies" Found in his Tokyo Apartment
"You're better off to have no fire extinguisher than a defective fire extinguisher", former California chief fire marshal James McMullen told CBS News.
Almost 40 million fire extinguishers in the U.S. and Canada have been recalled, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
According to the CPSC, there have been approximately 391 reports of failed or limited activation or nozzle detachment.More news: 'House of Cards' axed after Kevin Spacey accusation
Extinguishers have been sold at several stores including The Home Deport, Walmart and Amazon.
The CPSC reports there was a death in 2014 involving a auto fire where emergency responders used a Kidde fire extinguisher, but it did not work. It includes extinguishers that had been previously recalled as well.
The extinguishers were sold in red, white and silver colors.More news: Spanish judge orders custody for Catalan leaders pending trial
Owners should contact Kidde to ask for a free replacement and for instructions on how to return recalled models. The list of recalled models is available on the company's website, as well as the website of the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Buhari hosts Tinubu in Aso Rock
- All Indians safe: Sushma Swaraj tweets after Kabul attack
- Key Specs of the Razer Smartphone Gets Leaked on the Internet
- Aston Martin Vanquish S Ultimate unveiled
- This guy who is named George Papadopoulos is having a hectic day
- Buy Tesla Inc (TSLA) Regardless Of Earnings Results
- Bitcoin surges past $7000 to reach all-time high
- LTE is coming to the Surface Pro
- Shilpa Shinde and Vikas Gupta get into an intense fight again
- Jay Ajayi traded from Dolphins to Eagles, giving Philadelphia RB depth