2016 the Charles City Rotary Club distributed First Alert fire extinguishers, which are NOT a part of the recall. While the recall goes back 44 years, no one should keep a fire extinguisher that long.
"In addition, the nozzle can detach with enough force to pose an impact hazard", Kidde said in a press release.
A total of 134 models of Kidde fire extinguishers manufactured between January 1, 1973 and August 15, 2017.More news: Danish inventor Peter Madsen admits to dismembering Swedish journalist Kim Wall
The CPSC says there have been approximately 391 reports of failed or limited activation or nozzle detachment that resulted in approximately 16 injures, 91 reports of property damage, and 1 fatality.
The extinguishers were sold in white, silver and red and are either ABC- or BC-rated.
Kidde has recalled approximately 40 million fire extinguishers because they may fail to activate during an emergency.
Extinguishers have been sold at several stores including The Home Deport, Walmart and Amazon.More news: Key Specs of the Razer Smartphone Gets Leaked on the Internet
The recall also covers 134 plastic handle and push-button "Pindicator" models manufactured between 1995 and 2017, the agency said in a recall notice.
Apart from being sold retail, the devices were also packaged with commercial trucks, recreational vehicles, personal watercraft and boats. The list of recalled models is available on the company's website, as well as the website of the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
If Kidde determines that you have an affected model, the company says it will send you a replacement within 10 to 15 business days.More news: Okafor's option not being picked up by Sixers
- Man Arrested After Nine "Dismembered Bodies" Found in his Tokyo Apartment
- Liverpool beats Maribor 3-0, tops Champions League group
- Hospital safety scores released
- Duterte would welcome Trump 'in the most righteous way'
- Here Are the Russia Facebook Ads That Tried to Dupe You
- Buhari hosts Tinubu in Aso Rock
- Buy Tesla Inc (TSLA) Regardless Of Earnings Results
- All Indians safe: Sushma Swaraj tweets after Kabul attack
- Spanish judge orders custody for Catalan leaders pending trial
- Dhumal to be BJP's CM candidate in Himachal