Apple then chose to stop making licensing payments to Qualcomm, which led to a massive drop in revenue for Qualcomm. "Apple copied an Intel engineer in the email for information".
Qualcomm sues Apple is a headline which isn't surprising for those who are familiar with a recent string of lawsuits between the two, which have collectively created considerable tension in and out of court.More news: Man Arrested After Nine "Dismembered Bodies" Found in his Tokyo Apartment
For all the animosity, though, Qualcomm sounds nearly ready to make amends in its statement to The Wall Street Journal, which was in response to the question of whether Apple was redesigning its phones specifically because Qualcomm didn't send the testing software. But the escalating legal action is taking a toll on Qualcomm's financial performance-a 90 percent year-over-year drop in quarterly profit, the company CEO said on Wednesday.
"The Qualcomm modem that could be used in the next generation iPhone has already been fully tested and released to Apple", the statement read.
"We continue to see strong growth trends for global 3G/4G device shipments", Chief Executive Steve Mollenkopf said.More news: Tyrese Has Meltdown Over Daughter, Threaten To Leave Fast & Furious
The mixed messages aren't all that surprising. Apple has accused its chip supplier of unfairly charging companies for using products from other manufacturers.
Apple has relied on Qualcomm chips all along until iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, but with the iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 series, and the iPhone X, Apple started using a mix of Qualcomm and Intel chips. We also contacted Apple, but did not receive a response.More news: Aston Martin Vanquish S Ultimate unveiled
- Duterte would welcome Trump 'in the most righteous way'
- New SGF, Boss Mustapha is Babachir Lawal's cousin, says Junaid Mohammed
- Okafor's option not being picked up by Sixers
- Modi leads tributes to Sardar Patel on birth anniversary
- Here Are the Russia Facebook Ads That Tried to Dupe You
- Key Specs of the Razer Smartphone Gets Leaked on the Internet
- Multiple people dead following collision, explosion on Highway 400
- 'House of Cards' axed after Kevin Spacey accusation
- Shilpa Shinde and Vikas Gupta get into an intense fight again
- Jay Ajayi traded from Dolphins to Eagles, giving Philadelphia RB depth