At least five paramilitary CRPF personnel sustained injuries after terrorists attacked the CRPF convoy near Sarnal area of Anantnag district in south Kashmir Thursday morning. Incident occurred at Lazibal area.
He said three CRPF jawans received bullet injuries while two others were injured after getting hit by broken glass panes of the vehicle. Meanwhile, a search operation has been launched in the region to track down the militants.More news: Jimmy Kimmel, Channing Tatum Play Halloween-Candy Prank on Their Kids
According to Hindustan Times, Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) has claimed responsibility for the attack.
The injured have been admitted to the hospital and their condition is said to be stable. Security forces also retaliated but the militants escaped, they said.More news: Apple looking beyond Qualcomm for smartphone components
"The jawans were going back to their camp near Pahalgam when their vehicle was attacked".
"Cadres of Lashkar-e Toiba carried out the successfully attack on Army convoy in Anantnag as a result of which forces suffered heavy damage", Lashkar spokesperson, Dr Abdullah Ghaznavi, said.More news: Shilpa Shinde and Vikas Gupta get into an intense fight again
- Multiple people dead following collision, explosion on Highway 400
- This guy who is named George Papadopoulos is having a hectic day
- Here Are the Russia Facebook Ads That Tried to Dupe You
- Bitcoin surges past $7000 to reach all-time high
- New SGF, Boss Mustapha is Babachir Lawal's cousin, says Junaid Mohammed
- Tesla is getting clobbered after disappointing results (TSLA)
- Aston Martin Vanquish S Ultimate unveiled
- Spanish judge orders custody for Catalan leaders pending trial
- All Indians safe: Sushma Swaraj tweets after Kabul attack
- Buy Tesla Inc (TSLA) Regardless Of Earnings Results