"We are serious about preventing abuse on our platforms".
Within the small print of the social network's impressive results, it has emerged that 10% of its 2.07bn monthly users are now thought to be duplicates of real users, or nearly double its previous estimate of 6% in the previous quarter. "We're investing so much in security that it will impact our profitability".
"Protecting our community is more important than maximizing our profits", Zuckerberg said.More news: Apple looking beyond Qualcomm for smartphone components
The average revenue per daily active user reached $7.51 compared to $5.95 a year ago showing a 26 per cent increase.
"For those who have followed Facebook, you know that when we set our minds to something, we're going to do it".
The company said mobile ad revenue was 88% of all advertising revenue, up from 84% past year.More news: Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez are back together? Here's what sources claim
Facebook continued racking up users. Zuckerberg outlined investment priorities that included video content, which he described as the biggest trend at Facebook.
Our community continues to grow, now with almost 2.1 billion people using Facebook every month, and almost 1.4 billion people using it daily.
Facebook reported cash available of $38.2 billion at the end of the quarter. The latest data on Instagram is on top of the estimated 126 million Americans exposed to Facebook posts from Russian entities seeking to create divisions during the election campaign.
Although Facebook has already seen tremendous growth over the years, there is no reason to expect that to slow down anytime soon, especially as the company continues to add to its offerings.More news: Person Who Deleted Trump's Twitter Account Said to Be Contractor
"So all told, that gets you to approximately - a little less than 150 million", Stretch said in response to questioning from Democratic Senator Mark Warner.
- All Indians safe: Sushma Swaraj tweets after Kabul attack
- Multiple people dead following collision, explosion on Highway 400
- Broadcom is reportedly exploring a massive acquisition of $80 billion Qualcomm
- Bitcoin surges past $7000 to reach all-time high
- Liverpool beats Maribor 3-0, tops Champions League group
- Young returns to England squad for Germany and Brazil games
- Shilpa Shinde and Vikas Gupta get into an intense fight again
- Jimmy Kimmel, Channing Tatum Play Halloween-Candy Prank on Their Kids
- Jay Ajayi traded from Dolphins to Eagles, giving Philadelphia RB depth
- Aston Martin Vanquish S Ultimate unveiled