The prominent journalist claimed Fallon "repeatedly put his hand on my knee" during a dinner at Conservative party conference and she "calmly and politely explained to him that, if he did it again, I would "punch him in the face".
Ms Hartley-Brewer said since responded that she "absolutely didn't expect the news".
"A number of allegations have surfaced about MPs in recent days, including some about my previous conduct".
He told the BBC that what had been "acceptable 15, 10 years ago is clearly not acceptable now".
Reacting to Fallon's resignation on Twitter, Hartley-Brewer said: "I doubt my knee was the reason".Читайте также: Apple looking beyond Qualcomm for smartphone components
After sexual abuse allegations against Hollywood film producer Harvey Weinstein prompted hundreds of thousands of women and men to share stories about inappropriate behaviour, Britain's parliament - a bastion of tradition - has been no exception.
In a letter accepting Fallon's resignation on Wednesday, May praised his "diligent service".
"I appreciate the characteristically serious manner in which you have considered your position, and the particular example you wish to set to servicemen and women and others", she wrote in a letter.
And there were signs of consternation in Conservative ranks, with some backbenchers suggesting that the 41-year-old South Staffordshire MP lacks experience and may have earned his meteoric rise by his staunch loyalty to the Prime Minister.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Two CRPF personnel injured in militant attack in Kashmir
- Jimmy Kimmel, Channing Tatum Play Halloween-Candy Prank on Their Kids
- Buhari hosts Tinubu in Aso Rock
- Papa John's says anthem protests are hurting deal with NFL
- Bitcoin surges past $7000 to reach all-time high
- Almost 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers Recalled
- Broadcom is reportedly exploring a massive acquisition of $80 billion Qualcomm
- NY police say they're building a rape case against Harvey Weinstein
- Modi a 'jumla babu', says Surjewala
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez are back together? Here's what sources claim