Rafael Nadal's wonderful season stalled unexpectedly when the Spaniard injured his right knee during the ongoing Paris Masters.
PARIS (AP) - Rafael Nadal has pulled out of the Paris Masters with a right knee injury.
Nadal is also the oldest, testimony to his relentless determination.
Given the troubles he has faced in staying healthy in recent years, he is perhaps wise to prioritise the long term and skip the World Tour Finals as a precaution, with the hope it allows him to enjoy another strong season next year. "It's something that means a lot to me". "The knee is always bothering me a little bit but sometimes it's worse", Nadal said on Friday, as quoted by "The Guardian".More news: Arsenal's Santi Cazorla opens up about career-threatening injury
"If Rafa needed to win today to secure year-end No 1, I think he would have played". Then Nadal regrouped himself and took away the first set at 7-5 with a big forehand.
"And it is normal that at the end of the season after all the things that happened and all the season, all the matches I played with high intensity, it's normal that I have a few body issues". 'It's a tough situation, a sad one.
Nadal says "the pain during the match (on Thursday) was too much". Even if I had to do it couple of times in my life, it's not a thing that I love [doing].' What about his chances of playing in London? 'I understand the question, of course, but I can not talk about London now.
Chung broke Nadal back in the ninth game of the first set and held for 5-5.More news: Hear Taylor Swift's New Song 'Call It What You Want'
After saving three match points in the tiebreaker, Schwartzman leveled the match when Isner made a forehand error.
Only one spot is left for the November 12 to November19 eight-man event at the O2 in London, and Juan Martin del Potro will clinch it if the Argentine, who defeated Dutchman, Robin Haase, 7-5 6-4, reaches the last four.
Isner, who lost last year's final to Murray, next plays either No. 6 Grigor Dimitrov or Richard Gasquet.More news: Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez are back together? Here's what sources claim
- Facebook Reports $10.3 Billion in Revenues
- Trump says recalls little about meeting where aide mentioned Russian Federation
- Tesla is getting clobbered after disappointing results (TSLA)
- Rain continues to lash different parts of Tamil Nadu
- Trump slams Bergdahl decision: 'Complete and total disgrace'
- Broadcom is reportedly exploring a massive acquisition of $80 billion Qualcomm
- Modi a 'jumla babu', says Surjewala
- Apple looking beyond Qualcomm for smartphone components
- Almost 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers Recalled
- Two CRPF personnel injured in militant attack in Kashmir