Authorities have not confirmed the number of fatalities, but a Wilson County commissioner, Albert Gamez, said he was told by emergency officials that more than 20 people were slain and more than 20 others were wounded. The suspect fled the scene in a vehicle but was killed about 12 miles away in neighbouring Guadalupe County, according to local media and Sergeant Robert Murphy, a spokesman for the Guadalupe County Sheriff's Office said.More news: Trump campaign aide Cater Page met Russian officials in 2016
During its Sunday morning worship service, a Southern Baptist church in rural Texas became America's latest mass shooting. Sunday's incident comes just five weeks after the deadliest mass shooting in recent United States history shook Las Vegas, with 58 people killed. Connally Memorial Medical Center spokeswoman Megan Posey said the hospital in nearby Floresville had received fewer than a dozen patients. "Our thanks to law enforcement for their response", Texas governor Greg Abbott said in a statement. It is not known whether police shot the gunman or if he killed himself. "My youngest daughter, Annabelle, was", Pomeroy told ABC News. The FBI & law enforcement are on the scene.
May God be w/ the people of Sutherland Springs, Texas. "I am monitoring the situation from Japan", Trump said in a tweet. The pastor said he was not at the church at the time of the incident.More news: Young returns to England squad for Germany and Brazil games
First responders converged on the church in the small town southeast of San Antonio and helicopters are taking victims to hospitals.
The FBI and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were assisting in the aftermath of the shooting, according to the Associated Press.More news: Krajinovic downs Isner to reach Paris final
Mr Silva said he had been approached by a woman who said she had two loved ones at the church who were shot.
- Facebook Reports $10.3 Billion in Revenues
- Modi a 'jumla babu', says Surjewala
- Rain continues to lash different parts of Tamil Nadu
- Rams Rout Giants with 51-17 Victory
- Donna Brazile Reportedly Pondered Replacing Clinton With Biden in 2016
- Arsenal's Santi Cazorla opens up about career-threatening injury
- Tesla is getting clobbered after disappointing results (TSLA)
- Wizards vs. Raptors NBA Predictions Against the Spread 11/5/17
- Hear Taylor Swift's New Song 'Call It What You Want'
- Person Who Deleted Trump's Twitter Account Said to Be Contractor