Fox declined to comment on the reports. The negotiations won't necessarily lead to a deal: "The two sides are not now talking at this very moment, but given the on again, off again nature of the talks, they could be revisited", Faber writes. Rather, the Fox broadcast network wouldn't be part of this potential deal, nor would its business or news channels, its local affiliates, and similar. Facebook, Alphabet's Google, Netflix and Amazon have dramatically changed the landscape within the media industry, causing big changes in how people consume media and becoming dominant in digital distribution.
Disney announced earlier this year that it would launch its own direct-to-consumer streaming services next year, putting the company head-to-head with Netflix. While that might sound like music to Marvel fans' ears, Disney's affinity for catering to an all-ages audience with its superhero projects might not align with the current plans at Fox for the Deadpool franchise and other "R"-rated films based on Marvel properties".More news: How captain Virat Kohli prepped for 29th happy birthday with brilliant fifty
That's because, long before it became a blockbuster studio that would be bought by Disney in 2009 for $4 billion, Marvel sold off the film rights to several of its popular characters to various studios.
21st Century Fox's assets include Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox News, Sky, Endemol and National Geographic.
Fox and Disney are co-owners of Hulu, a streaming service that offers on-demand and live TV packages.More news: Today's Joy Is Brought To You By Kate Winslet Kissing Allison Janney
"X-Men" quickly became a trending topic on Twitter with many fans tweeting their excitement about the idea of their favorite characters finally getting reunited on the silver screen.
Interestingly enough, FOX has been working with Marvel TV on their X-Men TV shows and the X-Men have been returning to the Marvel Comics.More news: Bank of England deputy governor suggests further interest rate hikes are likely
- Australia turns down NZ offer to take asylum seekers
- Krajinovic downs Isner to reach Paris final
- Mike Evans Suspended For Week 10
- Donna Brazile Reportedly Pondered Replacing Clinton With Biden in 2016
- Daylight saving time offers benefits, challenges
- Lebanese prime minister quits over death plot
- Discussing Ezekiel Elliott's Latest Status With "Mighty" — Interview
- Narendra Modi has hurt HP's tourism industry & farmers: Rahul Gandhi
- West Ham's new manager revealed during first half v Liverpool
- Gunman opens fire at Texas church, killing at least 25