"I think we've got a good squad", he said.
West Ham potential Moyes began to come to prominence when he was in charge of Everton, leading him to get the top job at Manchester United after being identified by Sir Alex Ferguson as the ideal replacement, which ended badly before he moved to failed roles at Real Sociedad and Sunderland.
"I feel very exhausted and want to take a break from football management". They should be in a better position than they are.More news: Rain continues to lash different parts of Tamil Nadu
Leon Osman worked under Moyes at Everton and believes his ex-manager is a great choice.
"This is a unique position for David Gold and myself - it is the first time in nearly eight years at West Ham United that we have appointed a new manager during the season".
That is according to West Ham joint chairman David Gold.
The 54-year-old Scot had been linked with his national team's job in the past, however, he will bring a wealth of Premier League experience, however, since he has had a mixed time at the helm.More news: Google now serves up wait times at restaurants, adding grocery stores soon
He added: "We need somebody with experience, knowledge of the Premier League and the players in it, and we believe David can get the best out of the players". But after Saturday's shambolic 4-1 home defeat by Liverpool saw them fall into the drop zone, West Ham's owners made a decision to take immediate action.
"I hope West Ham fans are going to see a team that is organised and disciplined", he told West Ham's official website.
West Ham will be the fourth club managed by Moyes in the PL, and his first match as manager, at Watford on Sunday 19 November, will also be his 500th in the competition.More news: John Wall leaves arena with left arm in sling
- Australia turns down NZ offer to take asylum seekers
- Mike Evans Suspended For Week 10
- Apple supplier Qualcomm confirms takeover approach by rival Broadcom
- Bayern down Dortmund to open four-point lead
- Rockford officer shot dead during traffic stop
- Jack Wilshere: 'Arsenal must improve for Manchester City showdown'
- Trump campaign aide Cater Page met Russian officials in 2016
- Donna Brazile Reportedly Pondered Replacing Clinton With Biden in 2016
- Rams Rout Giants with 51-17 Victory
- Hear Taylor Swift's New Song 'Call It What You Want'