However, the virtual card only works to send money or pay for things via Apple Pay.
But some took offence at the suggestion, saying that users shouldn't have to learn to work around a bug that shouldn't have been there in the first place. Based on personal experience, though, you'd be wise to make sure Siri understands that you're saying $15 instead of $50 before you let the cash go. That prevents a thief from sending cash. The Message app then shows Apple Pay as a suggestion where it usually predicts the next word the user should type. Once that's done, you can then head down and pick it up.
Apple is working on it and has said another fix will be issued soon.More news: Why sleep deprivation is worse than a hangover
You'll need to have at least $10 in your account to use it, and two-factor authentication needs to be enabled.
Apple Pay Cash gets its funds from the existing debit and credit cards that you have set up in Apple's Wallet app, and while paying with the former is completely free, Apple will charge an "industry standard" fee for credit cards.
For now, the beta is available for U.S. customers only with iOS 11.2 devices. If you're not comfortable with pre-release software, you might want to hold off for now. Send money for books to your son in college. Send and receive from across the table - or across the country. Within week's period, you can transfer up to $20,000 to your bank.More news: Narendra Modi has hurt HP's tourism industry & farmers: Rahul Gandhi
The most-awaited peer-to-peer money transfer feature is been introduced in iOS 11.2 beta 2 right in the messages app. This new variant of Apple Pay will now allow you to pay friends, family and phone contacts with an iMessage alone.
"We see this a great enhancement to those interactions by simply being able to pay each other using Messages and the payments capability that's we've built into iOS (with) Apple Pay", Bailey says.More news: Baa-rack! Sheep recognise Obama from photo
- Chris Jericho vs. Kenny Omega Set For "Wrestle Kingdom" 12
- Apple settled on Jersey for new tax shelter after Irish rule change
- Today's Joy Is Brought To You By Kate Winslet Kissing Allison Janney
- Bayern down Dortmund to open four-point lead
- Joint Chiefs say invasion 'only way' to totally disarm North Korea
- Sia Pokes Paparazzi By Posting Nude Photo They'd Threatened to Publish
- Google now serves up wait times at restaurants, adding grocery stores soon
- Parliament emergency sparks evacuation as police probe 'three white powder packages'
- Jack Wilshere: 'Arsenal must improve for Manchester City showdown'
- Jay-Z Says Meek Mill's Prison Sentence is 'Unjust and Heavy Handed'