It started October 29 when actor Anthony Rapp said in a Buzzfeed News interview that Spacey had tried to molest him more than 30 years ago when he was 14 and Spacey was 26. In the days since, numerous others have also come forward to make various allegations of sexual harassment and assault against Spacey.
Unruh claims the assault happened at a bar in Nantucket and that Spacey "stuck his hand down my son's trousers and grabbed his genitals".
It's true that there's great value in profiling complex and unethical people and-at their best-these profiles can encourage empathy (not always sympathy, mind you) and a better understanding of the capabilities and failings of the human character.
Ms Unruh said embarrassment and fear meant her son did not inform authorities at the time, but that he had filed a police report following the tide of allegations against Harvey Weinstein last month.More news: Twins' Buxton, Dozier win Gold Gloves
Actor Anthony Rapp first made allegations against Spacey in a story published by BuzzFeed last week in which he said Spacey made a sexual advance toward him at a party in 1986 when Rapp was 14 years old.
Unruh said her son "is committed to doing what he can to stop Kevin Spacey from victimizing anyone else".
Spacey has been accused of groping Rapp, a star of "Star Trek: Discovery", and Richard Dreyfuss' son, Harry Dreyfuss, among others.
"An individual has provided information to the Nantucket Police regarding an allegation of an indecent assault and battery", said Tara L. Miltimore, a spokesperson for the district attorney's office. That was an appalling attempt to deflect attention from what you really are: a sexual predator.
Lesbian writer Jenny Hagel said on Late Night With Seth Meyers 'I have a lot of problems with Kevin Spacey's statement.More news: Parliament emergency sparks evacuation as police probe 'three white powder packages'
NetflixKevin Spacey as Francis Underwood in "House of Cards".
Spacey tweeted an apology to Rapp, in which he also came out as a gay man - drawing widespread criticism for his coming out under those circumstances.
He has been dismissed from Netflix's House of Cards as the show's production outfit, Media Rights Capital, investigates his behavior on the set of the show.More news: Jack Wilshere: 'Arsenal must improve for Manchester City showdown'
- Lamborghini Unveils All-Electric Terzo Millennio Concept Car
- Joint Chiefs say invasion 'only way' to totally disarm North Korea
- Apple supplier Qualcomm confirms takeover approach by rival Broadcom
- Ryan Fitzpatrick to start Week 10 for Buccaneers
- Apple settled on Jersey for new tax shelter after Irish rule change
- Chris Jericho vs. Kenny Omega Set For "Wrestle Kingdom" 12
- Rand Paul Attacker Just Released a Statement Addressing His Motive in Assault
- Sia Pokes Paparazzi By Posting Nude Photo They'd Threatened to Publish
- Google now serves up wait times at restaurants, adding grocery stores soon
- Facebook wants you to upload nude photos to combat 'revenge porn'