Nabil Dirar scored the first goal and Mehdi Benatia added a second one five minutes later.
Morocco and Tunisia became the final African nations to qualify for the 2018 World Cup as both countries ended long spells away from the finals.
A mouth-watering clash lay in store in Abidjan, where Côte d'Ivoire hosted Morocco, with the victor booking a ticket to Russian Federation 2018.More news: Second of five rail strikes taking place today as pay dispute continues
Morocco qualified for the first time since the 1998 World Cup.
The Moroccan Football Federation has put up unprecedented financial rewards for the players of the Moroccan national team.
West Africa has dominated Africa's contingent at the World Cup in recent years but some of its big names missed out this time: Ivory Coast, Cameroon and Ghana, all African champions multiple times, won't be in Russian Federation. Morocco needed just a point from the game to qualify but made sure.
And five minutes later Gbohouo was at fault again as he started to come for Mbark Boussoufa's corner into the box but then backtracked, allowing Medhi Benatia to volley home and double the lead.More news: Three Chinese students injured in French vehicle attack
Tunisia survived some nervous moments in Rades as Libya finished strongly.
Jonathan Bolingi's penalty and a goal from Fulham's Neeskens Kebano, both in injury time, gave the Leopards all three points and left them hoping for a Libya victor, but Tunisia held firm to seal their ticket to Russian Federation.
In the end a point from a goalless draw was enough for the Eagles of Carthage to secure a return to the World Cup for the first time since Germany 2006 and what will be a fifth appearance in the finals.More news: Maryland Democrats call on Rep. Harris to denounce Roy Moore
- Kevin Spacey cut from CBS 'Carol Burnett Show' anniversary special
- US Bans Most Solo Travel to Cuba, Imposes Tighter Sanctions
- Nintendo Switch is getting its first video streaming app with Hulu
- The best and worst uses of Twitter's new 280-character limit
- To Manmohan Singh's Jibe From Gujarat, Arun Jaitley's Stinging Takedown
- Twitter doesn't even know what "verification" means anymore
- Skyview High School thanks local veterans with a special assembly
- Waymo Testing Driverless Ride-Hailing Service on Public Roads
- Doctor Who: Jodie Whittaker's costume unveiled
- Trump once trashed China. Now, they're friends