Here are the results, broken up by conference, that force expansion talks to go from a distant future to an immediate discussion item and make 2017 the most chaotic College Football Playoff ever. Though it's not a true "playoff" in that every game's loser would definitely be eliminated from title contention, we'll certainly see more clarity in the playoff race after Saturday. They play at the same time, so have the remote ready. Is Michigan State, which upended Penn State, that good? They'll have the chance to knock off two of the current Top 4, facing Notre Dame this weekend and then likely Clemson in the ACC championship game.More news: 23rd GST Council Meeting begins in Guwahati
Although they are unbeaten, the Badgers are sitting in eighth and need quite a bit of help to feel secure about their spot in the top four.
UCF remains in the driver's seat for a New Year's Six bowl, though the Knights have to be a bit peeved about staying at No. 18 - behind eight two-loss teams - despite a solid win at SMU. For starters, Notre Dame needs to lose a game.More news: Trump once trashed China. Now, they're friends
Georgia, Alabama, Notre Dame and Clemson top this week's College Football Playoff ratings and Associated Press poll.
The biggest obstacle for both Miami and Wisconsin, other than the SEC tandem at the top, looks to be Oklahoma.More news: NASA is working with Uber on its flying taxi project
So that's how it breaks down heading into Week 11. That left the Big 12 out of the Playoff entirely and exposed one obvious flaw of the four-team format - there are five major conferences.
- Kevin Spacey Being Removed From Upcoming Film
- Sensex, Nifty End Modestly Higher Ahead Of IIP Data
- Three Chinese students injured in French vehicle attack
- Trump bodyguard reportedly testifies Russian official offered Trump women in Moscow
- Skyview High School thanks local veterans with a special assembly
- Disney plots Star Wars series for 'Netflix killer'
- Fidget Spinners causing safety concerns again, lead found
- Maryland Democrats call on Rep. Harris to denounce Roy Moore
- Korea joint exercise in Sea of Japan gets underway
- Hope Solo Accuses Former FIFA President Sepp Blatter of Sexual Assault