Mazzulli said McGregor "assaulted Referee Mark Goddard and a Bellator staff" (member) in the statement.
Not only was McGregor out of line in breaking cageside protocol for the second straight time, he certainly crossed the line by getting physical.
The fighter made his boxing debut back in August when he lost to Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas but last fought in the octagon when he defeated Eddie Alvarez in November.More news: 23rd GST Council Meeting begins in Guwahati
UFC Lightweight champion Conor McGregor has had to be restrained after stormed into the cage at an MMA event in Dublin.
He could later be seen skipping around the cage and jumping back onto the fence briefly before being rebuked by another official, whom McGregor slapped across the face for trying to force him down off of the cage.
McGregor and Goddard have history, with the official telling the Irishman to leave the area when he was cheering and giving instructions to a team-mate at a UFC event in Gdansk earlier in the year. Bellator released a statement about the altercation: "We're aware of the in-cage altercation involving Conor McGregor and a Bellator staff member".More news: Disney plots Star Wars series for 'Netflix killer'
McGregor was then escorted out of the cage and appeared to be headed toward the exit when he abruptly returned and started shouting toward the cage again. Walking around the cage side wherever and whenever he wanted.
After nearly a minute of uproar, tempers began to cool marginally and McGregor left the cage.
UFC officials have not commented on Friday's incident.More news: The Millennium Falcon Is Hidden Near a Golf Course in Rural England
Conor McGregor will jump at any opportunity to fight inside the ring.
- Three Chinese students injured in French vehicle attack
- Maryland Democrats call on Rep. Harris to denounce Roy Moore
- Tunisia book place in Russian Federation 2018
- Korea joint exercise in Sea of Japan gets underway
- Here's the full specs of the OnePlus 5T
- Kevin Spacey Being Removed From Upcoming Film
- Nintendo Switch is getting its first video streaming app with Hulu
- The best and worst uses of Twitter's new 280-character limit
- Twitter doesn't even know what "verification" means anymore
- Coutinho has Barca ambition - Suarez