"A real person, in a rumble, I stabbed the person".
Senate Majority leader Vicente Sotto 3rd on Friday also slammed the two United States lawmakers for meddling in the Philippine government's anti-illegal drugs campaign.
"How much more", Duterte asked rhetorically of his willingness to kill, "now that I am president?"
A spokesman for Duterte said the remarks had been made "in jest".More news: Skyview High School thanks local veterans with a special assembly
"Do not just look at the figures of those who died".
Well, given Trump's apparent fondness for world dictators, it doesn't seem Trump will likely be bothered by not getting to discuss the topic with Duterte - after all, the USA commander-in-chief has praised Egypt's President Abdel-Fattah el-Sisi, who is accused of sanctioning the killings of some 800 protesters in a single day, for doing "a fantastic job in a very hard situation".
In December 2016, he said he used to shoot suspected criminals himself to show police officers that they can do it. Because you are insulting me. Why?More news: Ellen Says She Or Oprah Will Be Biden's Running Mate In 2020
Mr Duterte has frequently hit the headlines since being elected as president previous year. More than 3,900 people have been killed as part of Duterte's crackdown, according to Reuters, though police have said the killings were in self-defense. Government forces killed 920 Maute fighters in the five-month gun battle in Marawi City which ended in October.
And he has previously hit out at the European Union on several occasions, warning them to stop "interfering" in Filipino affairs.
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the two had a "short, warm, and cordial" meeting. The ambassadors of those countries learn a lesson now. You can come here because we have existing agreements. "Don't f*** with us".More news: Three Chinese students injured in French vehicle attack
- Sensex, Nifty End Modestly Higher Ahead Of IIP Data
- Hope Solo Accuses Former FIFA President Sepp Blatter of Sexual Assault
- West Indies to Play Twenty20 Series for Next Five Years in Pakistan
- High lead levels found in fidget spinners
- Conor McGregor causes wild scene at Bellator 187
- The Millennium Falcon Is Hidden Near a Golf Course in Rural England
- Kizer plays well, but Browns still lose to go 0-9
- Nicki Minaj's brother sentenced to prison for child rape
- Tunisia book place in Russian Federation 2018
- Portia de Rossi claims Steven Seagal 'unzipped his leather pants' during audition