Mohammed al-Houthi, who is on Saudi Arabia's terror list, said they will carry out these threats if the Saudi-led coalition and legitimate forces liberate the city and port of Hodeidah, west of Yemen.
Two air strikes targeted the ministry late on Friday and plumes of smoke could be seen billowing from the building, the rebel media network Al Masirah quoted witnesses as saying.
The coalition closed all ports and halted humanitarian shipments after Yemen's Houthi rebels fired a ballistic missile over the weekend that was intercepted near Riyadh.More news: Sensex, Nifty End Modestly Higher Ahead Of IIP Data
The United Nations and more than 20 aid groups said on November 9 that the Saudi-led coalition's tightening of a blockade on war-torn Yemen could bring millions of people closer to "starvation and death".
Saudi Arabia fears that the rebels will give its Shi'Ite rival Iran a foothold in the Arabian Peninsula.
Despite the reopening of Wadea, however, and the allowing of limited ships into southern Aden port, United Nations officials say that the Saudi-led coalition is still blocking all of their aid deliveries into the country, continuing the siege.More news: To Manmohan Singh's Jibe From Gujarat, Arun Jaitley's Stinging Takedown
The coalition tightened its blockade on Yemen after the missile was sacked.
Aid groups say 17 million people of Yemen's 27 million population suffer from food insecurity. Medical experts also warn that the blockade will worsen the country's cholera outbreak, which has affected nearly 1 million people.
The Houthis, fighters drawn mainly from Yemen's Zaidi Shiite minority and allied to long-serving former president Ali Abdullah Saleh, control much of Yemen including the capital Sanaa.More news: Twitter doesn't even know what "verification" means anymore
Commercial flights in and out of Yemen will resume on Sunday after the Saudi-led coalition fighting to restore the legitimate government lifted a week-long ban.
- Tennessee finally acknowledges the inevitable, firing football coach Butch Jones
- Skyview High School thanks local veterans with a special assembly
- NASA is working with Uber on its flying taxi project
- Week 11 college football scores, highlights from Saturday's games
- Portia de Rossi claims Steven Seagal 'unzipped his leather pants' during audition
- US Special Counsel Reportedly Probing Plot To Hand Over Turkish Cleric Gulen
- Ellen Says She Or Oprah Will Be Biden's Running Mate In 2020
- Russian Federation to amend law to classify media as 'foreign agents'
- 23rd GST Council Meeting begins in Guwahati
- Disney plots Star Wars series for 'Netflix killer'