Visiting Asia, the president has tried to bring the world together in pressurising North Korea's nuclear weapons programme, something that's proving somewhat of a tough task.
The exercise is taking place while U.S. President Donald Trump is on an Asian tour and presenting a united front with regional leaders.
"A lot of times, Donald Trump goes way over the line with his tweets, but this time - that was pretty damn amusing", said Che.More news: Championship 4 set following Round of 8 finale at Phoenix
Lieutenant General Jan-Marc Jouas, the former Deputy Commander of U.S. forces in Korea, said the U.S. would not even be able to build-up their forces before a war took place, in a chilling letter to the Democrats, seen by Newsweek.
Trump is now in Vietnam attending the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit, but he took the time to tweet: "Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me 'old, ' when I would NEVER call him 'short and fat?'". And do not try us.
In the first comments on Mr Trump's visit by a North Korean official, a Pyongyang foreign ministry spokesman said it was a "warmonger's visit for confrontation to rid" North Korea of its self-defensive nuclear deterrence, the state-run KCNA news agency reported. The weapons you're acquiring are not making you safer, they are putting your regime in grave danger.
Asked if he could see himself being friends with Kim, Trump said: "That might be a unusual thing to happen but it's a possibility. On the contrary, all this makes us more sure that our choice to promote economic construction at the same time as building up our nuclear force is all the more righteous, and it pushes us to speed up the effort to complete our nuclear force".More news: President Duterte Claims He Stabbed Someone to Death at 16
Asked if he could see himself being friends with Kim, Trump said: "That might be a odd thing to happen but it's a possibility". It could be something that could happen.
This isn't the first time Trump and Kim have traded barbs.
The harsh response from North Korea also comes during a period of relative quiet by Kim's regime following its most recent nuclear test in September. Glean what you will from this, but no-I don't think nuclear war is coming because of a tweet.More news: Ellen Says She Or Oprah Will Be Biden's Running Mate In 2020
- Italy Misses World Cup as Sweden Wins Playoff
- Pixel 2 XL: New problem prevents Google phone screen from registering touches
- Week 11 college football scores, highlights from Saturday's games
- Portia de Rossi claims Steven Seagal 'unzipped his leather pants' during audition
- Online travel review site TripAdvisor confirms willingness to publish rape report
- A self-driving shuttle launched in Las Vegas - it didn't go well
- Here's the full specs of the OnePlus 5T
- High lead levels found in fidget spinners
- Nicki Minaj's brother sentenced to prison for child rape
- Sensex, Nifty End Modestly Higher Ahead Of IIP Data