Apple has its own touchscreen issues with iPhone X devices becoming briefly unresponsive in the cold.
It seems the unresponsive screen edges are the result of a software issue, not a hardware failure, and Google is already aware.More news: Ellen Says She Or Oprah Will Be Biden's Running Mate In 2020
Pixel 2 XL users say their handsets are failing to register taps alongside the edges of the touchscreen, possibly due to an overly aggressive accidental touch protection system. As the search engine giant's massive flagship handset has only been in the market for a few weeks, users have reported yet another issue concerning the responsiveness of the screen edges. Further, one poster conducted a test on the smartphone and found out that the trouble is only with the taps on the edges, though swipes work perfectly fine.
Apparently, this issue is a side effect of the accuracy of Google's software when it comes to repudiating accidental touches.More news: North Korea denounces Trump's Asia tour as a 'warmonger's visit'
The official Google Community Manager assigned on the Pixel 2 community page addressed the issue on unresponsive screen edges. The good news is that Google has acknowledged the issue and will sort it out in a future OTA update. These include cases of burn-ins, green lines, and flashing screens.
As spotted by AndroidPolice, a large number of users on Pixel 2 have reported on Google's support forum that the preloaded Google Assistant doesn't work when they use it through Bluetooth headphones. "No transcription of my voice appears, and Assistant doesn't do anything, and eventually goes back to sleep", a Pixel 2 user wrote on the forum.More news: High lead levels found in fidget spinners
- Nintendo Switch is getting its first video streaming app with Hulu
- A self-driving shuttle launched in Las Vegas - it didn't go well
- At least 16 dead as overloaded boat capsizes in India
- Here's the full specs of the OnePlus 5T
- Week 11 college football scores, highlights from Saturday's games
- Portia de Rossi claims Steven Seagal 'unzipped his leather pants' during audition
- Skyview High School thanks local veterans with a special assembly
- Korea joint exercise in Sea of Japan gets underway
- Online travel review site TripAdvisor confirms willingness to publish rape report
- Sensex, Nifty End Modestly Higher Ahead Of IIP Data