While the big news out of today's Destiny 2 stream concerns the Raid Lairs feature Curse of Osiris introduces, Bungie did share some other details. We don't yet know what kind of task this will be tied to.
A Raid Lair is a "Raid activity", according to Bungie, offering up "new encounters, new puzzles, new loot [and] completely new places to explore".More news: He feels good here - Mbappe adamant Neymar is happy at PSG
Oh hell yeah. Bungie didn't give many details on the stream, but all you need to know is in the header there. The region surrounding the Lighthouse has become a staging area for Red Legion troops who fled The Almighty - which is ironic, given that The Almighty was tearing Mercury apart for fuel before you disabled it in the campaign. There is no date for when the Raid Lair will release, but it will be a few weeks after the release of Curse of Osiris. The Destiny 2 expansion will be the game's first, and will focus on stopping the Vex from using time as a weapon against humanity and the Last City.
In terms of the core story, we got a look at a new cinematic from Curse of Osiris (above). What's interesting is that Curse of Osiris won't have its own unique raid. Inside the Infinite Forest are "trees" which are really giant monuments that will allows us to see different times, future and past. Players who purchased the expansion pass will have access to Curse of Osiris as well as the unnamed second expansion slated to release next Spring. The team also promised that there will be a Prestige mode for this Raid Lair.More news: Assault On Uber Passengers Spurns Class Action Lawsuit
New level cap: 330 + 5 = 335. The Raid Lair will be available shortly after the launch of the DLC. Bungie also plans to bump up the Power Level requirements and rewards for the vanilla Leviathan raid, so players will still have reason to play it as well. It isn't a new social space, but it's also a bit more than an office for redeeming planetary tokens. The heroic strike playlist will be back and Bungie has created a very large public event.More news: Hate Crimes Up In Minnesota In 2016
- At least three killed in California school shooting
- GameStop just suspended its PowerPass program
- Pixel 2 XL: New problem prevents Google phone screen from registering touches
- Results: Face ID doesn't exactly have a full vote of confidence
- Colin Kaepernick Named 'Citizen of the Year' By GQ Magazine
- Bills benching QB Taylor for Peterman
- Russia Used Video Game Screenshots to "Prove" the US Is Assisting ISIS
- PM back for gay marriage results
- Microsoft reveals big discounts on its Surface Pro, Laptop, and Mixed Reality
- Facing Historic Reddit Backlash, EA Cuts Cost of Star Wars Hero Unlocks