It's a problem that the President is tweeting that he should have let LaVar Ball's teenage son, UCLA basketball player LiAngelo, rot in a Chinese prison because his father wasn't "grateful" enough to the President.
The interview concluded on a festive note, with LaVar Ball wishing Trump a happy holiday.
Ball didn't back down during the CNN interview, telling host Chris Cuomo that Trump has more important things to do than ask for his gratitude. I don't think you could stop covering the president.
"People should be pretty irritated that these guys who have a privileged life, have a privileged future, have the chance for a multi-million dollar career in the National Basketball Association are out here embarrassing America, looking stupid and doing something that's totally dumb", Gingrich said.
The elder Ball told CNN that he is not attacking or criticizing Trump, but he doesn't necessarily feel the need to thank him. There's a lot of other things that's going on.More news: Rupee Cheers Moody's Upgrade With Mid-Day Surge
"Did (Trump) help the boys get out?"
"Who?" Ball told ESPN when asked about Trump's involvement in the matter. "He probably got to China by falling through the center of the Earth and popping out the other side".
They were released on bail early November 8 and had been staying at a lakeside hotel in Hangzhou prior to flying home. Like I told him, 'They try to make a big deal out of nothing sometimes.' I'm from L.A.More news: Lebanon's PM returns to Beirut after abrupt resignation while in Saudi Arabia
"We speak very highly of LaVar, but that was the dumbest thing he ever could have said", Mr. Sharpe said, the Washington Free Beacon reported. He added that if he was going to thank anyone, it would be Mr Xi.
Meyers also could not contain his glee that "petulant man-child in chief" Trump had finally met his match.
"I can assure you President Trump mentioning [the detainment] to the Chinese President didn't hurt his situation". "I keep those people in mind".
Clearly, Ball thinks Trump did nothing special. So we wouldn't expect this to end anytime soon.More news: Trump Returns North Korea to List of State Sponsors of Terrorism
- Former Braves GM John Coppolella is now banned from baseball for life
- Woman Proudly Displays 'F**k Trump' On Her Truck, Pays The Price
- Uber strikes deal with Volvo
- 2nd Woman Accuses Franken of Inappropriate Touching
- CBS News Fires Charlie Rose Following Sexual Harassment Allegations
- 3 brothers find a South Plains forever family on National Adoption Day
- Harrison Ford Spotted Helping A Woman Involved In A Car Crash
- Rescuers battle waves, wind in hunt for missing Argentine sub
- 'Needlessly attacked': Morrissey jumps to Kevin Spacey's defence
- Country music legend Mel Tillis dies at 85