The gun-battle broke out after security forces cordoned off Magam area in Handwara following specific information about the presence of the terrorists.
He further added that three other jawans have suffered bullet injuries in the incident.
The gun battle was ongoing till the filing of this report.More news: 2nd Woman Accuses Franken of Inappropriate Touching
"Militants, who were hiding in a house, were asked to surrender but they kept firing". "Contact with militants was established early morning, " an official said.
Following the encounter, DGP J&K Police SP Vaid congratulated the security forces on Twitter.
An army man and a militant were killed and two troopers injured in a gunfight near Line of Control (LoC) in Keran sector of border district of Kupwara on Wednesday.More news: Iranian Man Charged In HBO Hack That Released 'Game Of Thrones' Script
"The militants fired on the army men and the fire was returned by the troops". His elder brother Musaib was killed in an encounter in the Hajin area of Bandipora district in January this year.
General officer commanding of the Srinagar-based Chinar Corps, Lieutenant General JS Sandhu, had said the army has to deal with a "very difficult" terrain along the LoC, where the visibility is sometimes low, terrorists manage to infiltrate due to this.
Parimpora locality had witnessed shutdown for the last three consecutive days.More news: Bomb blast kills worshippers in Adamawa mosque
- Snoop Dogg Sounds Off on Donald Trump
- Rescuers battle waves, wind in hunt for missing Argentine sub
- Rupee Cheers Moody's Upgrade With Mid-Day Surge
- People hurt in cosmetics factory explosions, fire tops 125
- Harrison Ford Spotted Helping A Woman Involved In A Car Crash
- Rainbow Six Siege Year 3 Detailed, New Co-Op Mode Incoming
- Taylor Swift makes surprise appearance at 2017 AMAs to honour Diana Ross
- FCC chairman reveals plan to kill net neutrality
- Woman Proudly Displays 'F**k Trump' On Her Truck, Pays The Price
- Zimbabwe opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai doubts ruling party ability