The most recent draft of the script features Carol Danvers, an Air Force pilot whose DNA is merged with an alien during an accident.
Sources have toldVariety that The Talented Mr. Ripley star is now in negotiations to play Doctor Walter Lawson, otherwise known as Mar-Vell, the Kree Hero who was the original Captain Marvel in the comics.More news: CBS News Fires Charlie Rose Following Sexual Harassment Allegations
Captain Marvel is set for a March 8 2019 release.
Larson previously said that some Captain Marvel fans won't be satisfied with her take on the character.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe just added yet another impeccable performer to its ranks. He'll also be seen in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, playing Young Dumbledore opposite Johnny Depp (ugh) as Young Grindelwald. Variety reports Law is in negotiations to join the film, which will be directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck.More news: U.S. hits back after Pakistan court orders release of Hafiz Saeed
The character that Law will not be the villain of the piece as Ben Mendelsohn has already been signed up for that role.
The film will be set in the 1990s with Samuel L. Jackson expected to reprise his role as Nick Fury.
With the Kree-Skrull War coming to the MCU, it only makes sense for Mar-Vell to make his way to Earth to help stop the invasion in Captain Marvel.More news: 3 brothers find a South Plains forever family on National Adoption Day
Who do you think Law will be playing in Captain Marvel?
- Trump blasts Hillary Clinton for questioning legitimacy of election result
- Snoop Dogg Sounds Off on Donald Trump
- Uber strikes deal with Volvo
- Zimbabwe opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai doubts ruling party ability
- Selena Gomez looks completely unrecognizable thanks to a new edgy hairstyle
- Taylor Swift makes surprise appearance at 2017 AMAs to honour Diana Ross
- Trump Returns North Korea to List of State Sponsors of Terrorism
- Bills vs. Chargers: Top matchups to watch in NFL Week 11
- Bomb blast kills worshippers in Adamawa mosque
- Rupee Cheers Moody's Upgrade With Mid-Day Surge