The court had warned the government last month that it would end Saeed's house arrest if enough evidence was not submitted against him.
Later, in a video message released by his party, Saeed said he was detained because of his association with Jammu and Kashmir.
USA today reminded Pakistan that Hafiz Saeed is a "designated global terrorist" by the United Nations, just hours after a Pakistan Judicial Review Board in Punjab refused to extend the detention of the Jamaat-ud-Dawah (JuD) chief. In a strong reaction, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said Saeed's release confirmed once again the lack of seriousness by the Pakistan government in bringing to justice perpetrators of terrorism, including individuals and entities designated by the UN. In May 2008, the USA department of the treasury designated Saeed as a specially designated global terrorist under Executive Order 13224, the spokesperson said.More news: J&K: Three LeT terrorists gunned down in Magam area of Handwara
Mumbai attack mastermind and banned Jamaat-ud-Dawah (JuD) chief Hafiz Saeed will walk free tonight as the Pakistan government has decided not to detain him further in any other case, officials have confirmed.
Rejecting the government's plea to extend his detention for another three months, the Judicial Review Board of Punjab province comprising judges of the Lahore High Court ordered Saeed's release on the expiry of his 30-day house arrest, which is going to expire in a couple of days. He has been under house arrest since January this year.
Soon after his release from house arrest, Jama'at-ud-Dawa chief, Hafiz Saeed has vowed to work for the "freedom of Kashmir".More news: Snoop Dogg Sounds Off on Donald Trump
Lawyers of the JBA assembled at the High Court complex and raised slogans and tore Pakistani flags and later set them afire.
Official sources said that Saeed's release would invite strong criticism from India and the US.More news: Scotland Yard is investigating Kevin Spacy for underage sexual harassments!
According to members of the JuD, the organization is a charity group but the US considers it a front for the Pakistan-based LeT militant group. The U.S. has also declared JuD a global terrorist organization, condemning it as a front for the outlawed Pakistani Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) group blamed for carrying out the Mumbai carnage that left 166 people dead.
- U.S. hits back after Pakistan court orders release of Hafiz Saeed
- Snow, 75mph gales and heavy rain to SMASH Britain TOMORROW
- Glenn Maxwell added to the squad as cover for David Warner
- CBS News Fires Charlie Rose Following Sexual Harassment Allegations
- Lebanon's PM returns to Beirut after abrupt resignation while in Saudi Arabia
- Jude Law Joins The MCU Opposite Brie Larson In 'Captain Marvel'
- Taylor Swift makes surprise appearance at 2017 AMAs to honour Diana Ross
- Zimbabwe opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai doubts ruling party ability
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho: 'Everyone to blame for Basel defeat'
- Uber admits to covering up cyberattack that affected 57 million users