Questions were also raised if the session could spill over to January from December without the President's customary address.
The Winter Session of Parliament will be held from December 15 to January 5.More news: Gabby Douglas opens up in Aly Raisman apology: I was abused, too
For the past few days, the Congress and the BJP were in loggerheads over the delay in convening the Winter Session with the opposition party claiming that the government was doing so to avoid a debate on "scams", including the Rafale deal, during the Gujarat polls.
Jaitley took potshots at rivals and said the BJP would be busy with the Gujarat poll campaign but he was not sure if its opponents would also be busy. "If that is the aspiration of the country, Government will have to respond to it", Kumar said.
The announcement of Winter session dates comes days after a political row that saw top leaders from Government and Opposition trading barbs on each other.More news: Hiway 80 mission hosts pre-Thanksgiving meal
The winter session of Parliament generally gets over before Christmas, though there are precedents of the session spilling over to the next year.
The NCBC bill, which seeks to give a Constitutional status to the national body, which recommends reservations norms for backward classes is pending before Parliament.
The government is hoping to find window to push its version of the legislative Bill for constitution of the OBC Commission after the Opposition had forced passage of a number of amendments in the Monsoon Session. "We are going to ensure that a regular winter session is held and it does not overlap with election dates", he said to media after the Cabinet meeting. Congress sources said that they would raise the issue in Parliament.More news: Apple to Launch iPhone SE 2 in Early 2018
- Sisi vows to respond with 'brute force' against mosque attackers
- Glenn Maxwell added to the squad as cover for David Warner
- Different alcoholic drinks cause different moods
- Kevin Durant And Russell Westbrook Confront Each Other On Court
- Small Business Saturday encourages shopping local
- Uber admits to covering up cyberattack that affected 57 million users
- Snow, 75mph gales and heavy rain to SMASH Britain TOMORROW
- Someone Threw a Shoe at a Baby During Black Friday Shopping Craziness
- Missing Argentine submarine may have been found
- Pakistan Court Orders Release of Cleric Wanted by USA for Terrorism