Derailed coaches of Vasco Da Gama-Patna express near Manikpur railway station on Friday.
Railway Minister Piyush Goyal has ordered an inquiry into the incident and announced a compensation of Rs 5 lakh each to the family of the dead, Rs 1 lakh for those with grevious injuries and Rs 50,000 for the injured. The train was travelling from Goa to Patna.More news: Hiway 80 mission hosts pre-Thanksgiving meal
The Railways did not speak about the possible reason for the derailment and said an investigation was under way. According to ADG (Law and Order), Anand Kumar, a fractured railway track led to the accident "as per local assessment".
A UP anti-terror squad team went to the spot in the morning but said it found nothing pointing to sabotage or any attempted act of terror.More news: European Union: British cities can't compete as 2023 Capital of Culture host
Relief operation immediately started and seven of the injured were taken to the Manikpur Community Health Centre while another two were referred to the district hospital in Chitrakoot. Anil Saxena, Railway spokesperson, said medical relief is being provided to the injured.
13 coaches of the train jumped off the rails at 4.18 am on Friday when most of the passengers were asleep. The three who died were in a sleeper coach. Yogi Adityanath, Chief Minister, UP, also announced a compensation of INR 2 Lakh for the family members of those killed in the accident; furthermore, assuring INR 50,000 for every person who is seriously injured, and INR 25,000 for victims of minor injuries.More news: CS Sicily Kariuki launches campaign against gender violence
Now, the question is why Railways authorities are helpless to stop the accidents?
- Winter Session of Parliament From December 15 to January 5
- Oscar Pistorius: South African court doubles sentence
- Wizards' Wall Out Two Weeks With Knee Inflammation
- Conte reveals Chelsea plane scare on trip home from Azerbaijan
- Aqib Talib, Michael Crabtree Ejected After Brawl Between Raiders and Broncos
- Ohio State Rallies Past Michigan; JT Barrett Injured in Sideline Incident
- Three to four cups of coffee per day slash disease risk
- Kevin Durant And Russell Westbrook Confront Each Other On Court
- Sisi vows to respond with 'brute force' against mosque attackers
- Small Business Saturday encourages shopping local