The Miss Universe pageant aired on Sunday night, crowning Miss South Africa Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters as the victor out of over 90 contestants at the AXIS theater at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas.
A South African pageant has been crowned the world's most handsome woman in 2017 after she beat some 92 hot and dashing finalists in the 2017 Miss Universe contest.
Solenn Heussaff did not only greet Peters but also all the Miss Universe candidates, whom she called "confident and attractive women".
The victor of Miss Universe gets a one-year contract with one of the top modeling agencies in the world, security 24/7, an apartment in NY, and performs several community acts around the globe pertaining to public health issues.More news: Manny Pacquiao teases possible fight versus Conor McGregor
Nel-Peters, 22, wants to use her reign to champion HIV/AIDS and self-defence causes, was crowned at The AXIS theatre at Planet Hollywood casino-resort on the Las Vegas Strip.
Miss USA Kára McCullough of Washington, D.C. Image via FacebookBut the game-show host who famously got it wrong in 2015 will never forget how he was schooled by Miss USA in 2017.
Nel-Peters, a graduate in business management, said her disabled half-sister had been among her great inspirations.
Demi-Leigh is the second Miss Universe from South Africa in the 66-year-history of the prestigious beauty contest.More news: Missing Child Alert issued for 15-year-old Neptune Beach boy
Nel-Peters is from the South African coastal community of Sedgefield in the Western Cape province. "I think we should have equal work for equal pay for women all over the world".
Answering the same question, Miss Jamaica, Davina Bennett, said: "Sexual harassment is a form of abuse, and no abuse should be tolerated whether in the workplace or in society".
Harvey, a five-time Emmy Award victor, mentioned the moment from when he announced the wrong victor at 2015 Miss Universe.More news: Oscar Pistorius: South African court doubles sentence
"The Universe is now brighter with you as a shining star".
- PS4 Console Black Friday 2017 Sales
- CS Sicily Kariuki launches campaign against gender violence
- Someone Threw a Shoe at a Baby During Black Friday Shopping Craziness
- UCLA names Chip Kelly new head football coach
- Mississippi State QB Nick Fitzgerald out after gruesome ankle injury
- A 38 Year Old Unfinished 'Doctor Who' Episode Finally Gets Completed
- Ohio State Rallies Past Michigan; JT Barrett Injured in Sideline Incident
- Aqib Talib, Michael Crabtree Ejected After Brawl Between Raiders and Broncos
- Opinion Split on Merkel Remaining Chancellor in Case of New Election
- European Union: British cities can't compete as 2023 Capital of Culture host