The Tigers will play their first round match in Southern California.
The Huskers will host the first two rounds of play and depending on how Kentucky does in the first two rounds will either host again (if the Wildcats lose) or travel to Kentucky to play their regional matches.
BYU will open NCAA Tournament play in the Smith Fieldhouse on Friday against the five-time Patriot League champions from American University. While the Big Ten season is a grind, it also gives our teams a level of preparation to go toe-to-toe with the other great teams in this tournament. Cleveland State won the Horizon League while the Utes finished fourth in the Pac-12. With a win, the Nittany Lions would face the victor of the VCU-Pittsburgh match. The first round matchup with Pittsburgh (25-6) will be Friday at 5:00 p.m. Penn State University is the top overall seed in the Rams' bracket. High Point was undefeated in the Big South, earning the regular season crown, but was upset by Radford 3-1 in its conference tournament.
Kentucky is making its program-record 13th-consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance.More news: Winter Session of Parliament From December 15 to January 5
"I think some of us have played (in Lexington) and we know what it's like to win there", Foecke said, "so hopefully we can go there and do the same thing".
The Cougars last participated in the NCAA Tournament in 2013, when they fell to No. 14 Duke.
Notre Dame has advanced to at least the NCAA Championship round of 16 on six occasions.
The NCAA's evaluation and Wichita State's ambition finally matched. Nebraska is 102-31 in the NCAA Tournament and is looking to become the first Husker team to reach 3 straight Final Fours.More news: Ohio State Rallies Past Michigan; JT Barrett Injured in Sideline Incident
The 64-team NCAA Championship field is comprised of 32 automatic-qualifying teams and 32 at-large squads.
Friday's first-round match between the former conference rivals will mark the second time Kansas and Missouri have met in the NCAA Tournament in the last three years.
Despite being in the Top-10 the entire season, No. 7 BYU women's volleyball (28-2) received the 13th overall seed for a third straight year. The Bears owns a 30-9 series lead versus Creighton, and have not played since the Bluejays left the MVC following the 2012 season.More news: UCLA names Chip Kelly new head football coach
- Tennessee Lawmaker: Community Doesn't Approve of Greg Schiano
- Liverpool FC need to set Premier League targets: Jurgen Klopp
- Android devices still track you when location services are turned off
- European Union: British cities can't compete as 2023 Capital of Culture host
- Yet another train derailment in Uttar Pradesh leaves 3 dead, 9 injured
- Missing Child Alert issued for 15-year-old Neptune Beach boy
- PS4 Console Black Friday 2017 Sales
- Sindhu Eases Into Hong Kong Open Final
- Miss South Africa, Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters is crowned Ms Universe 2017
- Trump Says He Turned Down 'Person Of The Year.' Time Disagrees