Chief minister Nitish kumar said the state government will not release without "amicable solution" for all parties involved.
A bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra dismissed the fresh petition that had sought an order to restrain the producers of the movie from releasing it overseas. "It'll prejudice minds of board members while taking a decision", Indian Express quoted the court as saying.More news: Alabama Democrat shrugs off Trump's criticism
As per reports, the apex court noted that statements by persons holding high office is tantamount to pre-judging the movie as it turned down the plea against the film's release.
Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar is heading the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) led government in Haryana, where the film isn't banned.
Lawyer M L Sharma had also sought a direction to the Central Bureau of Investigation to register a case against director Sanjay Leela Bhansali and others for various offences including defamation and violation of the Cinematography Act. The movie features Deepika Padukone in the title role as Rani Padmini, alongside Ranveer Singh as Alauddin Khilji, Shahid Kapoor as MaharajaRawal Ratan Singh, Jim Sarbh, and Aditi Rao Hydari.More news: Russian intercept of US Navy plane causes 'violent turbulence'
After Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh, Bihar on Tuesday chose to ban controversial Sanjay Leela Bhasali's movie "Padmavati". Various conservative fringe groups like the Karni Sena and people from the Rajput community have been protesting against Bhansali's magnum opus for twisting historical facts.
Padmavati has been banned by four states, Uttar Pradesh, Madhay Pradesh, Gujarat and Rajasthan.More news: Liverpool FC need to set Premier League targets: Jurgen Klopp
- SI's parent company Time will be bought by Meredith
- Unlocked HTC U11 Update to Oreo Rolling Out Today
- Black Friday Broke Background-Check Record
- Android devices still track you when location services are turned off
- Sindhu Eases Into Hong Kong Open Final
- Why you'll need more green to purchase a Christmas tree this year
- Yet another train derailment in Uttar Pradesh leaves 3 dead, 9 injured
- A 38 Year Old Unfinished 'Doctor Who' Episode Finally Gets Completed
- Trump makes 'Pocahontas' slur at Native American ceremony
- Tennessee Lawmaker: Community Doesn't Approve of Greg Schiano