The co-worker looked inside the bag, spotted the weapon and approached a Tampa police officer who was sitting in the restaurant doing paperwork.
On Wednesday, he showed up to the Ybor City McDonald's and presented a manager with the award money.
Tampa Police Brian Dugan says Howell Emanuel Donaldson will be charged with four counts of first degree murder in connection with deaths in the Seminole Heights neighborhood.
Gonzmart called the woman a hero and said he was proud to fulfill his promise.
Dugan said the department had received more than 5,000 tips. He started there February 13 and worked for about three months before he was sacked for absenteeism. When the co-worker returned, Tampa police were waiting.More news: Cyber Monday chalks up the biggest United States online retail day to date
The police chief said authorities have not been able to determine why Donaldson chose the Seminole Heights neighborhood. The Mets would neither confirm nor deny that he was employed by them.
Donaldson had a brief stint as a walk-on player in the 2011-12 season for the Red Storm, school sources said.
Donaldson was a crew chief at the McDonald's when he was arrested.
Earlier in the day, Tampa police acted on a tip about a man with a gun. "Today the light shines". "We have to be very careful what we release because this person might be completely innocent".
Police have been searching for the person - or people - responsible for shooting and killing four in the Seminole Heights neighborhood since October 9.More news: Melania Trump unprepared for first lady, never thought Donald would win
Detective Austin Hill wrote in a police report that Donaldson told investigators "no one, except for himself had control of the Glock firearm since his purchase". "This community begins the healing process".
Benjamin Mitchell, 22, was the first to be killed in the area.
On Oct. 11, 32-year-old Monica Hoffa, was slain.
Mitchell's death was followed by the killings of Monica Hoffa on October 11, Anthony Taino Naiboa on October 19, and Ronald Felton on November 14. On Nov. 14, 60-year-old Ronald Felton was killed.
The four killings happened within a month, all of the victims were alone when they were shot.More news: Relatives mourn missing Argentine submarine crew
- Missing 3-year-old girl was abducted from her bed, police say
- Washington state sues Uber for millions over data breach cover up
- Miss South Africa, Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters is crowned Ms Universe 2017
- Snapchat introduces a redesigned app that separates your friends from brands
- Microsoft Reveals Multibillion-Dollar Upgrade Plan For Redmond Campus
- Consumers and retailers win big over Thanksgiving holiday | National Retail Federation
- Deputy Director Of Consumer Agency Filed Lawsuit To Keep Her Job
- Opinion Split on Merkel Remaining Chancellor in Case of New Election
- Everton keen for Sam Allardyce talks as relegation threat grows
- Updated BMW i8 and new i8 Roadster revealed