Patent infringement has been Qualcomm's main offensive tactic in the courtroom fight.
Apple filed a countersuit against Qualcomm in the Southern District Court of California today for allegedly infringing eight power-efficiency patents.
USA chipmaker Qualcomm filed three new patent infringement complaints against Apple, marking yet another development in a wide-ranging legal war between the two companies. It comes after Qualcomm accused Apple in July of infringing several patents related to helping mobile phones get better battery life. Apple has also come out to say that Qualcomm selectively gained patents that covered technologies that are insight Apple products "much like a common patent troll".More news: Allardyce wants ex-Liverpool duo in Everton setup
The legal bickering between Apple and Qualcomm shows no signs of backing down.
In its filing, Apple alleges that Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800 and 820 processors, which power phones from Samsung Electronics Co Ltd and Alphabet Inc's Google's Pixel phones, infringe on those patents. Apple's patents cover technologies that help a processor draw as little power as possible and allow a processor to quickly and efficiently increase and decrease power usage.More news: Mississippi State to name Penn State OC Joe Moorhead head coach
This is of course a countersuit, dating back to a lawsuit Qualcomm filed against Apple on exactly the same grounds.
The chipmaker on Thursday filed a request with the US International Trade Commission to ban the import and sale of certain iPhones that use Intel's modem. In a related suit, Qualcomm sued the contract manufacturers that make Apple's phones, but Apple joined in to defend them.More news: Illegal Alien Who Shot Kate Steinle Found Not Guilty Of Murder
- Prince George asks Santa for police auto on dad's Finland trip
- Microsoft Reveals Multibillion-Dollar Upgrade Plan For Redmond Campus
- One of the worst hurricane seasons finally ending
- Download Microsoft Edge Browser for Android, it's now out of beta
- BuzzFeed Launches Investigation Into Massage Envy
- Snapchat introduces a redesigned app that separates your friends from brands
- Ex-St. John's Walk-on Howell Donaldson III Arrested on Multiple Murder Charges
- Amitabh Bachchan's unforgettable night at the IFFI Award ceremony!
- Cyber Monday chalks up the biggest United States online retail day to date
- Palestinian factions dispute fate of Gaza employees