For every vaccination administered at your local Walgreens pharmacy, Walgreens will donate the value of a lifesaving vaccine to people in developing countries as part of our Get a Shot, Give a Shot campaign with the UN Foundation, which has provided more than 20 million polio and measles vaccines.
New reports show that this year's flu vaccine is only about 10 percent effective, but doctors are still urging everyone to get it.More news: White House all set for Christmas celebrations
Brace yourself for a rough flu season. Their vaccine was only ten percent effective.
If you do end up getting the flu, doctors we spoke to suggest taking Tamiflu or Relenza; both can shorten the time that you're sick. Last season, the SCDHEC saw peaks of the flu in late February and March.
If you get sick, look out for severe aches and pains in your muscles and joints, notable fatigue and weakness, headaches and a high fever. The vaccine greatly reduces the chances of contracting the virus and, if contracted, may make the symptoms milder.More news: Cyber Monday chalks up the biggest United States online retail day to date
"Patients have the risk of getting pneumonia even from not getting the flu shot and getting actual flu", Hare said. There are also immune-boosting influenza vaccines for those aged 65 and above, and preservative-free versions for pregnant women or those who are allergic to mercury. Those hospitalized were people over 50 and children under 5.
Trivalent vaccine The traditional vaccine created to protect against three different flu viruses-two A viruses and one B virus. Nationwide figures aren't as up-to-date, but show 400 people have tested positive for flu after being hospitalized with suspicious symptoms as of November 18.
The single best way to prevent seasonal flu is to get vaccinated each year, but good health habits like covering your cough and washing your hands often can help stop the spread of germs and prevent respiratory illnesses like the flu.More news: Trump makes 'Pocahontas' slur at Native American ceremony
- Amitabh Bachchan's unforgettable night at the IFFI Award ceremony!
- Russian intercept of US Navy plane causes 'violent turbulence'
- Burnley 0-1 Arsenal: Tough at Turf Moor
- Deputy Director Of Consumer Agency Filed Lawsuit To Keep Her Job
- Unlocked HTC U11 Update to Oreo Rolling Out Today
- Washington state sues Uber for millions over data breach cover up
- Cyclonic storm to hit Lakshadweep and southern Kerala, TN coast
- Padmavati row: Kapil Sharma condemns death threats against Deepika Padukone
- Black Friday Broke Background-Check Record
- Everton keen for Sam Allardyce talks as relegation threat grows