The plot of the film revolves around Batman attempting to stop The Joker and his minions from altering the future of Japan. The character design comes from Takashi Okazaki of Afro Samurai, the screenplay from Kazuki Nakashima of Gurren Lagann and Kill La Kill, music from Yugo Kanno of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Psycho-Pass, and animation from Kamikaze Douga of Jojo.More news: Illegal Alien Who Shot Kate Steinle Found Not Guilty Of Murder
As we can see Gotham City has been traded for a highly-stylized quasi-historical version of feudal Japan, where Batman's crimefighting endeavor sees him take the form of an armored, sword-swinging samurai/ninja hybrid. Then there's the ever-villainous Penguin, Two-Face, Deathstroke, and Poison Ivy, who also make appearances and seem to square off against Batman's team.
According to io9, director Mizusaki has described Batman Ninja as a film "meant to show the world how Japan sees Batman and not one about how Batman (and Bruce Wayne) see Japan". With only his shōgun batsuit and physical strength, Batman will become the ninja-samurai he always has been, katana and all.More news: Allardyce wants ex-Liverpool duo in Everton setup
Are you looking forward to seeing Batman trade modern Gotham for feudal Japan?
While Batman Ninja will be released to Japanese cinemas in 2018, expect a digital and Blu-ray release in the U.S. It's directed by Junpei Mizusaki, whose previous directing credit is 2005's Zoo, which was an anthology of live action and animated stories.More news: Tesla switches on the world's biggest battery
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Files A Countersuit Against QUALCOMM, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOM)
- Prince George asks Santa for police auto on dad's Finland trip
- Microsoft Reveals Multibillion-Dollar Upgrade Plan For Redmond Campus
- Ed Sheeran's upcoming track to feature duet with Beyoncé
- Updated BMW i8 and new i8 Roadster revealed
- Tiger Woods briefly takes lead, in contention at Hero World Challenge
- Police in Potsdam, Germany evacuate Christmas market, investigate suspicious object
- Consumers and retailers win big over Thanksgiving holiday | National Retail Federation
- Missing 3-year-old girl was abducted from her bed, police say
- Download Microsoft Edge Browser for Android, it's now out of beta