Manchester United will be without Phil Jones, Eric Bailly and Marouane Fellaini for Saturday's Premier League clash with Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium.
Instead, he has taken inspiration from the recent Hollywood movie about the great tennis rivalry of the late 1970s and early 1980s between Swedish star Borg and John McEnroe of the United States.
On Thursday, England boss Gareth Southgate spoke about Jones, saying he had "massive empathy" for Mourinho, while also stressing he had "every trust in our medical team that they make the right calls". I have just to look at the way we play and to prepare well for the game.
Richard Heathcote GettyImages
Jose is well-known for playing for a draw away at his Top Six rivals, but Wenger shrugged off any talk of Mourinho "parking the bus" "No, I don't expect anything special." he said. I play a game at a time and it is the way to do it. It is hard enough for us to be focused on other things.
Asked whether he sees himself as McEnroe and Wenger as Borg, Mourinho replied: 'I love tennis, I don't play tennis'.
The 29-year old will travel with the United squad though Mourinho is not confident he will feature against Arsene Wenger's side.More news: Mom's boyfriend arrested as authorities say missing 3-year-old assumed dead
However, he has rejected claims that he is too conservative with his tactics in big away matches. I would go for the game one game at a time and I would go for the most important game now.
"It depends what you think about risk", he said.
Mourinho told a news conference on Friday: "Matic is a doubt".More news: First (and last) supermoon of 2017 is coming
Matic - who has been a consistent performer for United in 21 games this season - was substituted during the team's 4-2 win over Watford at Vicarage Road on Tuesday with what Mourinho described as a "muscular" problem. I think in the beginning of football, the guy who decides to say defenders, attackers, this guy was bad. "They are a unsafe team, they have made fantastic results so to beat a team like that you need to be at your best and that's what I want to focus on". I hope he can, he wants to [play] but I cannot guarantee.More news: Prince George asks Santa for police auto on dad's Finland trip
- Nathan Redmond: Pep Guardiola was complimentary during passionate, intense chat
- Nigeria draw Argentina for 5th time
- Tiger Woods briefly takes lead, in contention at Hero World Challenge
- One of the worst hurricane seasons finally ending
- Shohei Ohtani meeting with Major League Baseball teams next week
- Coalition with Merkel not automatic, all options open: Germany's SPD
- Download Microsoft Edge Browser for Android, it's now out of beta
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Files A Countersuit Against QUALCOMM, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOM)
- North Korea's Nuclear Test Are Spreading 'Ghost Disease' Causing Deformations, Defectors Say
- Tennessee's search now turns toward Kevin Sumlin