He connected with his two most prominent targets, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill, for 2 touchdowns apiece.
McCown and the Gang Green offense responded to Hill's score with a 76-yard drive, capped off by the 38-year-old quarterback's second rushing touchdown of the day. But Smith was then incomplete on three straight passes.More news: Nathan Redmond: Pep Guardiola was complimentary during passionate, intense chat
To start with the good, quarterback Alex Smith played his best game since the teams' last-second loss to the Oakland Raiders six weeks ago. In the second half, Revis did not see the field at all.
The improvement may stem from Chiefs coach Andy Reid ceding his play-calling responsibilities to offensive coordinator Matt Nagy. ESPN's analytics department gives Kansas City a 66 percent chance of doing so despite its ongoing struggles.More news: Syrian state media: Israeli missiles strike near Damascus
The Jets were forced to kick a field goal from the 7-yard line after Bilal Powell was dropped short of the end zone. Defensive tackle Muhammad Wilkerson missed nearly the first quarter for being late to a team meeting. It was a coach's decision to sit the 2016 No. 20 overall pick.
Rookie Elijah McGuire ran in the conversion to provide the final margin, and the Chiefs couldn't convert on fourth down in Jets territory on their last gasp attempt for a touchdown. Zach Fulton replaced him and Bryan Witzmann took over Fulton's spot at left guard.More news: Nebraska reportedly hiring UCF's Scott Frost as new head coach
Should the Chiefs lose those either of those matchups, their season could be fading to black shortly thereafter and leaving Kansas City to spend an offseason thinking about why things went horribly wrong.
- Shohei Ohtani meeting with Major League Baseball teams next week
- Ed Sheeran's upcoming track to feature duet with Beyoncé
- Nigeria draw Argentina for 5th time
- First (and last) supermoon of 2017 is coming
- Download Microsoft Edge Browser for Android, it's now out of beta
- Tiger Woods briefly takes lead, in contention at Hero World Challenge
- Tennessee's search now turns toward Kevin Sumlin
- Coalition with Merkel not automatic, all options open: Germany's SPD
- Police in Potsdam, Germany evacuate Christmas market, investigate suspicious object
- One of the worst hurricane seasons finally ending