At 2-2 earlier in the season it seemed the sky was falling for the New England Patriots. In a 12-9 overtime victory on December 16 of that season, wide receiver David Patten had fumbled along the sideline and was knocked out briefly on the play, but because his head was out of bounds and the ball was still touching him, the Bills couldn't recover it legally.
Brady and McDaniels have worked together for more than a decade, including five seasons before the coordinator became the Denver Broncos' head coach in 2009 and more than five seasons afterward.
RB DION LEWIS: On a first half carry, Lewis broke two tackles at the second level and accelerated to the sideline, where he promptly tossed Buffalo safety Jordan Poyer to the ground with a nasty stiff arm.More news: Nathan Redmond: Pep Guardiola was complimentary during passionate, intense chat
Brady needed to simply stand aside and let the Patriots' rejuvenated rushing attack wear down the Bills in a game New England never trailed.
Worst air mail: Buffalo backup quarterback Joe Webb had a wide-open Travaris Cadet over the middle and overthrew the pass on what could have been a go-ahead touchdown in the second quarter.
Running back Rex Burkhead scored a pair of touchdowns after Stephen Gostkowski's three field goals had given New England the half-time lead. The 44-yard run was the longest of Lewis' career.More news: Nebraska reportedly hiring UCF's Scott Frost as new head coach
One positive from the first half has been the play of former Bill Eric Lee, who seems to be flourishing in his new haunts. Burkhead would finish with over 100-all-purpose yards on the day.
Worst call: Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski was flagged for an offensive pass interference to start the third quarter when there really wasn't much contact on either side. The highlight: A 30-yard reception down the right sideline that he ripped away from Buffalo rookie corner Tre'Davious White. Then they did the weirdest thing and benched quarterback Tyrod Taylor despite him playing well and the team winning. Lawson was carted to the locker room in the third quarter with a knee injury.
The Patriots would hold on for a final score of 23-3.More news: Gunmen attack Peshawar's University of Agriculture
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Files A Countersuit Against QUALCOMM, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOM)
- Tiger Woods briefly takes lead, in contention at Hero World Challenge
- Batman Ninja Anime Trailer Revealed
- Illegal Alien Who Shot Kate Steinle Found Not Guilty Of Murder
- North Korea's Nuclear Test Are Spreading 'Ghost Disease' Causing Deformations, Defectors Say
- Shohei Ohtani meeting with Major League Baseball teams next week
- Tesla switches on the world's biggest battery
- Manchester United Blitz Arsenal With Two Quick-Fire Goals
- Nigeria draw Argentina for 5th time
- Police in Potsdam, Germany evacuate Christmas market, investigate suspicious object